586,115 active members*
3,458 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question FANUC GCode from SolidCAM

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to make SolidCAM generate the feed rates including the . at the end of the command.

eg:- it generates it as

G1 Z-3. F100
    Y27.45 F600

but for the HAAS VF-03 machine we are using it requires to be

G1 Z-3. F100.
    Y27.45 F600.

The only difference is the period at the end of the feed rate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone know what M29 is? In the list we have, it does not exist and the machine won't accept it. Is there a way to stop that as well?

Although I can’t help you with the Soildcam stuff there should be a way to set up the machine so it does not need the decimal point in the program. I don’t have any of my machines set up to need the decimal. To many chances for errors if it is forgotten when programming. I have seen people program a 5 instead of 5. for a clearance plane . I am not sure what parameter it is in the Haas you will have to look it up. It should be under the parameters related to programming and labeled as “conventional” method or “calculator” method. You want calculator method.

The M29 on most machines is rigid tapping mode. If your machine is not accepting it then you must have another code for rigid tapping or it is not needed.

Stevo

Change the format for F in the GPP file. I cannot recall just at the minute, but it is well documented in the GPP help.