586,119 active members*
3,466 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Surfcam Verify bug...

Question Surfcam Verify bug...

We just started using the latest release of Surfcam last month...Since the new release, I can only use the Verify option once. If I make a change a try to use the verify again, Surfcam crashes... Anyone else have this problem?

I've tried this on a couple different computers and I get the same results. Local distributor is confused...

What are your computers, the OS level and the RAM memory as well as the video card?

I had to go to a 256 meg ATI Video card to have enough video memory to not crash i also went up to 2 GIG of RAM on an HP computer with an AMD Athlon 3500+ 64 bit chip running XP SP3. I had not had any trouble with ealier versions of Velocity but I like the program so it is worth the updates to make it work.

Good Luck

Lowell

I'm using a Dell Dimension 9150, XP SP3, 1GB Ram, 256m Video memory. Everything ran fine with Verify on the previous versions, just started with the last update. Surfcam tells me it might be something on my system, either lacking an update or another program may be using the same memory location as surfcam...

I think maybe I will roll back a version and wait until the next update...Maybe they'll have it fixed...

Are you using the video port on the motherboard or a seperate video card. If you are using the motherboard video than that is shared ram and Vel 4 does not like it. a $35.00 or less dedicated video card will fix the problem. I would also go to 2 gig on your RAM 4 if you can. The increase in speed is amazing. There have been a lot of driver updates this past year. I finaly put a software package on that keeps me aware of the changes. Your Dell well may have a seperate video card, I could not find a good review of the Motherboard but if you haven't updated the drivers for it you should. I doubt that any future release of software will fix your problem and it will be easier to stay abreast of the changes than to be forced to leap forward. JMHO

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...968&CatId=1558

Quote Originally Posted by MaCroB View Post
    I think maybe I will roll back a version and wait until the next update...Maybe they'll have it fixed...
    I agree with what’s been said, but don’t wait for an update to fix the problem. Work with your distributor, that’s what he’s there for. If it’s repeatable send the file to him or Surfcam. My guess it’s the hardware but who knows and you’re not going to get it fixed over the internet. This latest version of Velocity is a bit buggy I’ve noticed, and like all other versions when a problem comes up, an exit and restart of the program seems to clear it up.

RE: Surfcam Verify bug...

There is an issue with the MWVerify.dll that is installed with SURFCAM Velocity 4 SP2 b248.

This has been reported to Surfware and should be resolved with the next release.

I recommend than you use the MWVerify.dll that came with SP0 b189. You can install SP0 on a different PC then copy the MWVerify.dll file to the SP1 PC.

I also suggest that you update your graphics drivers by going to the vendors website, Nvidia, ATI, Intel. As many issues with Verify can be resolved with updated graphic drivers.

Darin Weatherbee
    CAMcad Technologies, Inc.

Verify problem v. 5.1

Under Tools/Options then Verification, make sure the Use Software Rendering is checked... Actually, it worked for a while and now it's back to not working. So I'll keep trying. let you know later

I have two really different computers, if I make any kind of tool path the verify issue is I have to exit Surfcam, restart surfcam, load the part file and then verify. The first computer is a desktop with XP Pro and on the other computer its a laptop with Vista Pro, and the vista part of it works perfectly.

I have this problem as well on Velocity 5.1. Running Win7 x64 on Dell T5400, w/Nvidia Quadro 1700.

It seems this one is being pushed under a rock, has any one heard from any dealer with a fix to the v5.1 verification problem?. My desktop computer has a 512meg video card and still having to restart the app to verify is rediculous.

Exclamation Surfcam's Verify Bug

Problem:
    If I click the verify button and nothing happens… minutes later, again. Minutes later again nothing. Then finally it launches as quickly and abruptly as prior versions of Surfcam.
    I can only use the Verify option once. If I make a change and try to use the verify again, the whole system crashes... every time.
    This is not a hardware or operating system problem. I run a shop supported with 12 work stations and 4 seats of Surfcam 3axis plus. Version 5.1 Build 302 All running XP and Windows 7 and all have ample speed with video cards recommended by surfware. They all have the same problem.
    I’ve been corresponding with surfware support, and they’ve finally acknowledged it's a bug.
    They have assured me it will be fixed in the next version expected out by mid march of 2011.

We have the same problem here also. What we do is run backplot first then exit backplot and then click on verify, 9 times out of 10 it will work. Try the verify button located in the toolbar then if that doesent work after running backplot try the verify button located inside the operations manager.

Exclamation Surfcam's Verify Bug

Quote Originally Posted by marine1775 View Post
    We have the same problem here also. What we do is run backplot first then exit backplot and then click on verify, 9 times out of 10 it will work. Try the verify button located in the toolbar then if that doesent work after running backplot try the verify button located inside the operations manager.
    Yes, that sometimes does away with the latency, but verify will only run once. The second time crashes the system.
    My latest effort was in vain... beefed up the video card to 1024MB.
    c'mon Surfcam. You're falling behind in the ratings with this issue.
    The verify side has become an integral part in high density programming.
    Especially with the dozens of tool path strategies Surfcam offers.
    2/D TrueMill… 3/D TrueMill.
    I deal with very dense machine code, upward of 16MB and having this bug has severely dampened productivity.
    Actually I can’t understand why this hasn’t been fixed right away.
    You look at the gaming industry and when they have a bug there’s a patch the next day.
    Wow… sorry for going on. But I guess that’s what this site is for.
    And maybe the developers at Surfware will get more wind of how distressing this is.
    Thanks