586,119 active members*
3,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > GSP Sprint 48 Worlds Oldest Router

GSP Sprint 48 Worlds Oldest Router

I got the machine for free - just had to haul it away. So far, I've made it do all the basic moves, but it binds on the x axis. If I push the left arrow a few times, it finally moves. There's no physical obstruction and the motors look okay. And this is weird - if I push that left arrow a few times, sometimes the tool will move left and sometimes it will move right. It seems to switch back and forth, first left, then right. Is anyone interested in throwing out a few ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Signs View Post
    if I push that left arrow a few times, sometimes the tool will move left and sometimes it will move right.
    Is the machine stepper-driven? That behavior can be a symptom of a stepper with only one of the two phases operational.

Randy

Smile Gerber System 48

Did you get this baby going? We have a system 48 bed that we have modernised, its pretty good.
    Regards
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Signs View Post
    I got the machine for free - just had to haul it away. So far, I've made it do all the basic moves, but it binds on the x axis. If I push the left arrow a few times, it finally moves. There's no physical obstruction and the motors look okay. And this is weird - if I push that left arrow a few times, sometimes the tool will move left and sometimes it will move right. It seems to switch back and forth, first left, then right. Is anyone interested in throwing out a few ideas?