586,110 active members*
3,358 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 7 12345
    Well the least amount of entries the better the chances for the ones who have submitted so come on you not posters give these guy a run for their money and post you splash screen now!

Here is my entry: It uses an uncopyrighted photo from NASA and I have attached the pertinent info needed. This photo is of an SR71 Mach3 Trainer!

Their name....not mine!

This can be modified to suit Art should it be chosen.

Mike

Reproduction Guidelines for Use of NASA Images and Emblems

NASA images generally are not copyrighted. You may use NASA imagery, video and audio material for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits and Internet Web pages. This general permission does not include the NASA insignia logo (the blue "meatball" insignia), the NASA logotype (the red "worm" logo) and the NASA seal. These images may not be used by persons who are not NASA employees or on products (including Web pages) that are not NASA sponsored.

If the NASA material is to be used for commercial purposes, especially including advertisements, it must not explicitly or implicitly convey NASA's endorsement of commercial goods or services. If a NASA image includes an identifiable person, using the image for commercial purposes may infringe that person's right of privacy or publicity, and permission should be obtained from the person.

Any questions regarding application of any NASA image or emblem should be directed to:

Bert Ulrich
    Public Services Division
    NASA Headquarters
    Code POS
    Washington, DC 20546

Tel: (202)358-1713
    Fax: (202)358-4331
    Internet: [email protected]

Please be advised that:

1) NASA does not endorse or sponsor any commercial product, service, or activity.

2) The use of the NASA name, initials, any NASA emblems (including the NASA Insignia, the NASA Logo and the NASA Seal) which would express or imply such endorsement or sponsorship is strictly prohibited.

3) Use of the NASA name or initials as an identifying symbol by organizations other than NASA (such as on foods, packaging, containers, signs, or any promotional material) is prohibited.

4) NASA does permit the use of the NASA Logo and Insignia on novelty and souvenir-type items. However, such items may be sold and manufactured only after a proposal has been submitted to and approved by a representative from the Public Services Division (see above information for address, numbers, etc.) in accordance with 14 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Part 1221. Permission is granted on a nonexclusive basis as it is not NASA's policy to grant exclusive rights to use any of the Agency identities.

5) No approval for use is authorized by NASA when the use can be construed as an endorsement by NASA of a product, service, or activity.

6) NASA emblems should be reproduced only from original reproduction proofs, transparencies, or computer files available from NASA Headquarters. Please be advised that approval must be granted by the Public Services Division (see above information for address, numbers, etc.) before any reproduction materials can be obtained.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3-2b.jpg  
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Entry #1:

Entry #2:

I wanted to do something colorful and creative, rather than the oft-copied Autodesk/Adobe/Corel style splash screens. Hope you like them!

Splish Splash

Two entries. Pity about the "just two" rule. I have ten more!
    christer

Here's mine. Reducing the size to below 100k lost a lot of the sharpness and light. How do you do this?

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails splash1.jpg  

You guy's you could upload your creations to the photo gallery and use the img tags to display them in this thread.

a colorful attempt....

How about this one... :stickpoke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3.jpg  
    Wild4Aces

here's mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Splash3.jpg   Splash7.jpg  

Here is my second attempt.....
    Cheers,
    Brett
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled2.jpg  

Many may already have done this...... If you want to see how prospective Splash screens appear in MachX's program, just exchange your choice with the original "Splash" screen located in the "bitmaps" folder of your installed MachX program directory (C:Mach2 or Mach3). Then run the program and enjoy seeing your own creation or the one of your choice appear as the program is loaded. ...enjoy!

Bloy

P.S. Remember to change any jpg's or other format pics to bmp's type files before putting into MachX's folder. Rename the original (Splash) to something else and name your new pic "splash" just as the original was.

Here's mine, made entirely in Gimp, with 4 kb to spare.
    edit: here's another. No external images.
    edit2: New one. I suspect people are saving their best for last....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machlogo2.jpg   machlogo3.jpg  

I just wish my talent was on par with the software I use. :frown:

Sorry, I'm better at Math than Spelling... :withstupi

Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3.jpg  
    Wild4Aces

The ynneb collection.

Sorry, I suffer from compulsive non entry, entry syndrome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dang.jpg   PYRAMID.jpg   GYGYGYGY.jpg   dang2.jpg  

joke.jpg   anothery1.jpg  
    Being outside the square !!!

Here is my attempt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mach3splashb.jpg  

Entry

This one's mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3_Final02.jpg   Mach3_Final3b.jpg  

Here is mine-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mach3.jpg  

...just wanted to bring this to the surface...keeping everyone aware of the latest entries.

Red face Splash

Just this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gear_final.jpg   SCREEN.jpg  

Page 3 of 7 12345