586,058 active members*
4,201 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile In uk sells whether can?

hi ! everybody!

If I want to sell the machine to uk. need certainly the ce authentication? Hoped that everybody can help me. Thanks

jimmy

:cheers:
    TAIWIN How Mau CNC Machine www.atron.com.tw EMAIL:[email protected]
    MSN: [email protected] SKYPE: dearatron

no you don't. some companies ask for ce for "quality assurance" purposes, but you don't need the ce mark to sell the goods.

You do need to provide a pre wired mains pug if you are selling to the domestic market. There are various safety regulations that you must comply with but most machines will be compliant if built to a good standard. Suggest you search the internet for the electrical standards required. (The ETSI site is difficult to navigate and it is often best to search the entire internet with the direct question.)

Hope this helps

Regards

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by posix View Post
    no you don't. some companies ask for ce for "quality assurance" purposes, but you don't need the ce mark to sell the goods.
    Thank you very mcuh. I got it now

Quote Originally Posted by wildwestpat View Post
    You do need to provide a pre wired mains pug if you are selling to the domestic market. There are various safety regulations that you must comply with but most machines will be compliant if built to a good standard. Suggest you search the internet for the electrical standards required. (The ETSI site is difficult to navigate and it is often best to search the entire internet with the direct question.)

Hope this helps

Regards

Pat
    hi ! wildwestpat

Thank you for your explanation very clearly. It helps us a lot

jimmy

www.atron.com.tw

ce

Hi , i think you guys are a bit wrong CE means that the machine or what ever electric applyans you put the label ce on should be developt with the user safety in mind FIRST for example if a maschine is workt on with more than one person there shoold be more than one E STOP an e stop line around the maschine in reach off annyone could be alowed , dobbelhand for presses/shears ,electric kurtan acces light sensors ,even a fence 80 cm away
    from moving parts , doors with a special switch,,,these are only some precoursions It 's an ambrella that everione opens wen accidents happen and he who has the monkey tail will be responseble There are special companys who can help you out / or help you in court ,,,it's everyones responsebiliti to work save,,for example a company will always demand a sertificate of ce with
    protocol and synd by the makers or a company who cheqt it ,,,maybe my englisch is not at its best but believe me i know,i was selfemploid those days
    and for a test we don safety on an old Philips woodplaner the motor hat to be chansed to one wiht a break ,,,cost 700 euro motor only then the estop and new electric then whe hat a problem,,,how to chance the knives wen the
    break was on ??? Well after long discussions whe were alloud to make a switch one m away from the machine and the key schould be in the office
    Whe hat a company helping us out even they did not have this problem but let us solve it this way then they came to cheq it and sind the papers,,this was in 1993 the beginning of industrial ce total cost,,,,6500 euro's
    Hope you have a good ambrella :-)
    Regarts
    rik aka potsy

Hi Folks

Please note the requirements for CE compliance need to be taken seriously - there is little room for 'interpretation'

The details can be found at:-

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/polic...e/index_en.htm

These documents give a top down explanation of the CE marking and the dates by which new aparatus must be compliant.

It should also be noted that there is some sharp practice where machines are being repaired and the up dated compliance being forced on to unsuspecting end users. The regulations make some exceptions where equipment is being repaired where there is no upgrade in performance or function. Where repairs are being commisioned it is a question of know - and trust - your repair person but check that they are correctly informed!

Sorry Jimmy you have a lot of reading to do. There EU papers in the link above are available in other languages if that helps.

Regards

Pat