586,035 active members*
3,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

NT4250DCG 5 axis lathe

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies

so today we took delivery of two mori seiki machines one being a horizontal mill and a NT4250DCG 5 axis lathe.
    my first question is: do any of you have experience with this particular machine and what software did you use to program it?
    i am using Mastercam X4 and i am going to try and come up with a post for it.
    i say try cause this one will be a pain.

thanks

Cant help you with your query, but how about some pics?

pics

i could not get both chucks and the spindle in one pic but i think you get the general idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0190.jpg   100_0191.jpg   100_0192.jpg  

Whatcha' makin'? I want an NT bad. I probably should have opted for one instead of 2 NL's. What count tool mag did you get? Probes? How is Mastercam X4 working for you? I want to go to Mori in Chicago in November to look at the new machines. Especially the one with MAPPSIV.

Which Horizontal did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by WOLOG View Post
    Whatcha' makin'? I want an NT bad. I probably should have opted for one instead of 2 NL's. What count tool mag did you get? Probes? How is Mastercam X4 working for you? I want to go to Mori in Chicago in November to look at the new machines. Especially the one with MAPPSIV.

Which Horizontal did you get?

i got the 100 tool one and probes of course. i just had the probes installed on both machines, so as of yesterday after noon they are functional. i have not started programming them yet, i will start early next week and report back. i don't have a post for the NT yet, if any one has something i can use it would be awesome.
    we are making missile components, fairly easy parts. we'll see how easy they feel on this NT

for a Horizontal we got the NH6300DCII
    this should present no problems to program or operate.
    from today till next week i will be looking at models and selecting tool holders and cutting tools for both.
    ill post up with progress ASAP

oh and the NH comes with 180 tool mag

That NT looks sick! Is that with the capto or hsk spindle

I believe Esprit has some functions that cater to the NT, including simulation with a model of the actual machine.

I'm also curious as to what you're making with those bad boys?

Glacern is correct, By the way, i love your site.

Esprit has the turning tool add in, continuos b axis fucntion and many more. I am jealous. i would love to play on that machine for a week. turbo milling, viper grinding any thing i am allowed to do.

Looks great, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DIFF OVER View Post
    Glacern is correct, By the way, i love your site.

Esprit has the turning tool add in, continuos b axis fucntion and many more. I am jealous. i would love to play on that machine for a week. turbo milling, viper grinding any thing i am allowed to do.

Looks great, have fun.
    yeah you guys are right Esprit is the cad that is supporting this equipment. i am in contact with them and will probably get something from them.
    Master cam is not willing to help until i give them a PO
    they might be loosing my business for this. i have purchased the maintenance every year. but i can't get any help on this, it will be the last year i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacern View Post
    I believe Esprit has some functions that cater to the NT, including simulation with a model of the actual machine.

I'm also curious as to what you're making with those bad boys?
    we currently have some work for it, but won't be using it for that. we are making missile components (patriot II)

Quote Originally Posted by Mic6 View Post
    That NT looks sick! Is that with the capto or hsk spindle
    we actually got two sets of chucks.
    what the machine comes with (capto) 12" and we got a 16" inch for the work that we will be doing on it.

I know everything you need to know about this machine... I've worked for Mori direct, distributors of Mori and as a sub contractor for customers with Mori equipment. I use Esprit cam for 95% of my mill/turn projects and CAPS for the small, simple stuff. If you need any help with the machine, let me know. It's pretty easy, actually. get familiar with the CAPS conversational... it'll help in a pinch and for a conversational control its pretty damn powerful.

By the way... it's not a 5 axis if it has a lower turret and second spindle... it's 9

Quote Originally Posted by the thrill View Post
    I know everything you need to know about this machine... I've worked for Mori direct, distributors of Mori and as a sub contractor for customers with Mori equipment. I use Esprit cam for 95% of my mill/turn projects and CAPS for the small, simple stuff. If you need any help with the machine, let me know. It's pretty easy, actually. get familiar with the CAPS conversational... it'll help in a pinch and for a conversational control its pretty damn powerful.

By the way... it's not a 5 axis if it has a lower turret and second spindle... it's 9
    thanks for the correction on the number of axis
    am sure at some point i will use your help. are you local?
    as of last friday we started taking delivery of our machining fixtures, so come next week we will be in motion with these equipment.
    i have done conversational (mazatrol) and CAPS is very similar, just a little long winded if you ask me, but besides that is pretty much the same.
    i like conversational much better than G code. for the most part i think i will be using it. my parts are pretty simple, i just have to get used to the "9 axis"
    we are looking at Esprit too.
    we currently use Master Cam (X4) but they are offering no support for this machines post, they tell me they have to create a post. i think is a bunch of **** really, i know for a fact that this is not the first time they know about this machine. i asked them for a sample code of a turned dia and face.
    they said that they would not do it without a PO.
    so am looking at Esprit.
    any such experience with master crap i mean cam

NT

Esprit all the way. Even the new Maps controller, not yet released has Esprit built in. They had functioning ones at Mori DTL on the multi axis machines. Looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Esprit all the way. Even the new Maps controller, not yet released has Esprit built in. They had functioning ones at Mori DTL on the multi axis machines. Looks awesome.
    that was on the sales pitch from Esprit
    if Mori trusts them i suppose i can too
    thanks for you input and i will contact you if and when i need help

thanks again

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelferrum07 View Post
    thanks for the correction on the number of axis
    am sure at some point i will use your help. are you local?
    as of last friday we started taking delivery of our machining fixtures, so come next week we will be in motion with these equipment.
    i have done conversational (mazatrol) and CAPS is very similar, just a little long winded if you ask me, but besides that is pretty much the same.
    i like conversational much better than G code. for the most part i think i will be using it. my parts are pretty simple, i just have to get used to the "9 axis"
    we are looking at Esprit too.
    we currently use Master Cam (X4) but they are offering no support for this machines post, they tell me they have to create a post. i think is a bunch of **** really, i know for a fact that this is not the first time they know about this machine. i asked them for a sample code of a turned dia and face.
    they said that they would not do it without a PO.
    so am looking at Esprit.
    any such experience with master crap i mean cam

I live in New Jersey. If I were still doing the independent contractor gig I'd offer to come out and assist with some projects but I got sick of having to sue people to get paid so I'm back to working the daily grind :rainfro:. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, though. I haven't used mastercramp very much and the last version I used was 9.1 but I've used esprit extensively... it's decent software and the guys at DP are pretty awesome. It could use a little more power in the sketcher and solid modeler but they only intended it to be used for drawing basic extension lines and simple models for fixtures, really. It plays well with solidworks and a few other cad packages so if you make a model change in solidworks, inventor and solid edge it will automatically update the model and the tool paths for you which is cool. the newest version, 2010, has a lot of great functionality to it and a lot of much needed updates... i'd ask for a demo from your local rep. It's a little trying at first but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by the thrill View Post
    I live in New Jersey. If I were still doing the independent contractor gig I'd offer to come out and assist with some projects but I got sick of having to sue people to get paid so I'm back to working the daily grind :rainfro:. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, though. I haven't used mastercramp very much and the last version I used was 9.1 but I've used esprit extensively... it's decent software and the guys at DP are pretty awesome. It could use a little more power in the sketcher and solid modeler but they only intended it to be used for drawing basic extension lines and simple models for fixtures, really. It plays well with solidworks and a few other cad packages so if you make a model change in solidworks, inventor and solid edge it will automatically update the model and the tool paths for you which is cool. the newest version, 2010, has a lot of great functionality to it and a lot of much needed updates... i'd ask for a demo from your local rep. It's a little trying at first but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty powerful.

right on
    i already have the demo from Esprit and will evaluate on monday
    if we go that route and i think we will, i will take the crash course they offer.
    am decent with lots of cad packages so this one should not be a big issue for me, i'll keep you posted on how it goes.

thanks

so after a long wait we finally have some castings to run on the NT
    took a class for one week on Esprit and i like the CAM, it has a lot to get used to.
    but the more i use the more i like it.
    it makes it somewhat simple to apply to the NT
    only one mistake in the fist part. tapping on an angle and four of the holes did not rigid tap and the holes became oversize. not bad for having just learned Esprit and using a machine like the NT.
    am having lots of fun with it.

Talking Mori Nt 4300 New in box

Today The company I work for bought the 4300 Nt. I am so exited about this project. We should see the machine in 2012 Our shop uses Master cam. sounds like were going to have to scramble a post some where. Or take a good look at Esprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojammer View Post
    Today The company I work for bought the 4300 Nt. I am so exited about this project. We should see the machine in 2012 Our shop uses Master cam. sounds like were going to have to scramble a post some where. Or take a good look at Esprit.
    Esprit will most likely be on the machine already, our last NVD did. They do give you a PC copy as well, but you will need to network the PC to the machine, since the machine acts like the dongle.

Looks like esprit needs a supercomputer to run on pc. Were getting some pricing on that.
    Do you guys use esprit on the machine or a pc?

I'm running Esprit on an I5 HP laptop with 6GB of RAM. It does get a little slow running mold processes but it will handle it.

It gets a little cumbersome using Esprit on the control panel but you can borrow the license and run it offline. If the price is not a problem I would get a seperate seat for offline use though.

Page 1 of 2 12