586,113 active members*
3,505 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

5020L Not booting

So I was just running the LR15 and after loading a part hit cycle start and nothing.. ?? I look up and the screen is blank. Lights, hydraulic etc.. still running but machine does not respond to input.

After restarts I get nothing.. no hydraulic etc. The control chassis shows green on power and run lights. The control responds to power on/off but does not seem to boot.

I will give the boards a re-seat and see if that helps but other than that I don't have much of a direction to go in..

Ideas?

Thanks,
    -Jason Miller

I was going to say someone in the shop is hitting your CRT button but everything would come back to life after restarting it, if that were the case.

check power supply voltages for op panel

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    Well Algirdas, another rather useless bit of advice... Why not also include information regarding HOW WHERE WHAT Voltage etc... with your reply?

Not everyone is an Electrical/Mechanical Expert like you make out to be...

Great to be helpfull at times... but a fragment of the solution can be more dangerous than ever in the wrong hands... i.e. you say "Check the Voltage" well what if someone gets electrocuted trying to check voltages in the wrong way/area? What if they short out parts that previously had no problem?

Be careful offering such advice!

Quote Originally Posted by broby View Post
    Well Algirdas, another rather useless bit of advice...

Not everyone is an Electrical/Mechanical Expert like you make out to be...

Be careful offering such advice!
    AGREED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    Al,
    In the developed countries, you have to be licenced to work on electical circuits and repairs, especially if others are going to be runnig the equipemnt.
    This minimises the chance of "backyard cowboys" creating a hazard to co-workers, destroying company property, and most important of all, self harm.

It is illegal for us to do any electrical repairs unless trained and that you hold the correct accreditation to work in that area

I may know Okuma, and I may know a little about the logics of the electical circuitry, BUT I will not tell any school kid to go poking blindly in an area that they know nothing about

I hazzard a guess that no work standards exist in your part of the world, to protect workers from incompetent service personnel

Jason,
    Have someone check that you have 3 phase power supply to the machine, one phase may have tripped or fuse blown

If the 3 phase coming into the machine is ok, in the USA it is suppose to be 208 plus or minus %5. Then open the back of the CRT panel and there should be power supply mounted to the side of the CRT. The voltages should be marked on either the wire or terminal strip. Check those voltages. It would be best to check it when the CRT drops out. Also you may have a relay dropping out on the RU1 Board. Check the NCOK relay. I hope this helps.

I always like to follow up on these open issues.

Input voltage to the machine has always been great.

I had a tech come out and we determined the voltages at the front panel were problematic. The solution was to replace the 5020 chassis power supply, as the AC output to the front panel was low.

No problems since!