586,546 active members*
3,407 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: PDF

Smile PDF

My sheet metal bending shop asked for a PDF file to E mail to them. In 2D drawing I went to create PDF and it said PDF creator not found. Is this part of Alibre or is it something you have to have extra and if so, where to go to get this software and exactly what to ask for?
    Thank You for your time and effort
    The Farmer

keep in mind when I started driving, a Diesel pickup was not yet even a figment of imagination! But I was bad to the bone with a set of points and a 1 barrel carburator overhall kit..

PDF Creator

Not familiar with Alibre but it might be looking for PDF document creation software masking as a printer.

I've have good success with this application: PDFCreator | Download PDFCreator software for free at SourceForge.net.

When you install it, make sure you tell it not to install any toolbars or extra programs. Just the PDF Creator program.

If you like it there's a "donate" button on their page. Maybe kick something their way.

I'm not affiliated with them. But I like the program.

~John

Another possibility is Cute PDF writer CutePDF - Create PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Edit PDF easily;.

Cute PDF installs like a printer so it's available from any application.
    Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

I think you need to download the PDF Creator program from Alibre downloads page and install it.
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com

https://www.alibre.com/downloads/downloads.aspx

Towards the bottom of the page is the PDF creator download. Free, no extras required.

Thank You
    The Farmer