Guys I have an intermittent problem with my router that hopefully others may have had and diagnosed. Looking for any assistance / tips to assist with the debug.

SETUP
Its an 06 Joe with Gecko Vampires and a Mini I/O from CandCNC using Keling 570oz-in steppers. Running Mach. The Gecko's have heat sinks and fans on them. The router has been running flawlessly (other than operator error) for 2 years.

I bought this setup to transport to a bigger and better router as time/energy permits.

PROBLEM / SYMPTONS
Recently it was running and I heard a loud bang (scare the crap out of you loud) whereby both the x and y directions stopped moving. After a 1-2 seconds both axis started up and kept going although loosing a significant amount of steps. This problem has repeated itself a few more times usually materializing after several minutes of cutting.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED
Assuming an intermittent power problem caused by loose connections I "giggled" all of the power/step/direction connections on the Gecko's while running a program in the air (not the safest thing.. I know). No issue found

Assuming some type of stepper problem I ran a program at 200% feed rate override (300 in/min). No issue found

Checked all connections to power supply ect.. nothing abnormal.

WHAT I AM LEANING TORWARDS
-Intermittent Power Problem?
-Overheating of a GECKO?
-Software interference on PC?
-Failing breakout board?

Any other suggestions / hints?

Thanks