586,051 active members*
3,723 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

connection problem

hi all...my machin controller is fanuc 18 i-mb...ıwant to use ethernet and pcmcia slot but ı can't...how can ı use ethernet and pcmcia slot(not near screen..ı want use backcover pcmcia)

card number : A02B-0283-B803 (STAND-ALONE TYPE)

card pictures

Thanx for help...

Change parameter 20 to 4

now push dir and right arrow soft key

now there is a option called card

note cf card must be in FAT format
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

ok thanx ...can I use as DataServer ..? have u information related to ethernet port..?

if you have a standard Ethernet card installed you can use this to set up an FTP server which allows to send/receive stored files from another computer.

Somebody told me that it is also possible to control the machine by a remote computer if the control has ethernet connectivity. Is it correct? If yes, do various buttons on the MOP appear as soft keys on the remote computer's screen, which can be clicked by mouse? Or, is ethernet only for program upload/download?

As far as I am aware there are varying degrees of remote operation depending on what options you have purchased on that machine.

I am fairly sure there is no option that will allow you to remotely 'press' cycle start

I think the only thing you can do with the standard ethernet or fast ethernet board options is transfer programs via FTP and Fladder/Servoguide connection

yes ethernet is standard onboard ethernet...but i want to use ethernet and upload data from pcmcia card..can i do that..?

The Ethernet option is usualy separate from the pcmcia slot

you can buy a fanuc part that converts the pcmcia slot to an Ethernet port but i have never seen it used for data transfer and I have only seen Fanuc engineers using this.

You have two options

Transferring files via a computer network with the Ethernet option using a FTP server on the computer
    Or
    Use a CF Card with adapter in the PCMCIA slot as described in this thread
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90123

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMonkey View Post
    As far as I am aware there are varying degrees of remote operation depending on what options you have purchased on that machine.

I am fairly sure there is no option that will allow you to remotely 'press' cycle start

I think the only thing you can do with the standard ethernet or fast ethernet board options is transfer programs via FTP and Fladder/Servoguide connection
    To me also, it does not seem possible to provide softkeys for MOP buttons on a remote computer. However, it may perhaps be possible to provide softkeys for keys of MDI panel (such as EDIT, PROG, SYSTEM and RESET keys). If so, it would be possible to access the control from a remote station, for a purpose such as changing parameters or editing ladder. I would like to know if this is possible.

Your're probably thinking of the Focas 1 or Focas 2 interface. That's an Ethernet connection that lets you do almost ANYTHING from a remote PC. You can read and write to program memory, Macro variables, read diagnostic data, and control nearly all of the I/O signals.

Focas is really a library of function calls that the CNC will recognize and respond to through the Ethernet connection. You would have to write your own software using the Focas DLL files to use it.

In speaking with Fanuc, there is no option to make an Ethernet connection via the PCMCIA card. The PCMCIA card is for storage only.

In order to add Ethernet, you can use Fast Ethernet(network connection only) add on or Data Server (network and onboard memory) addon - Prices start at $2500+
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000

Quote Originally Posted by gm3211 View Post
    In speaking with Fanuc, there is no option to make an Ethernet connection via the PCMCIA card. The PCMCIA card is for storage only.

In order to add Ethernet, you can use Fast Ethernet(network connection only) add on or Data Server (network and onboard memory) addon - Prices start at $2500+
    There are a few options

1. Embedded Ethernet = FTP data transfer
    2. Fast Ethernet + Data Server = FTP + EXTRA MEMORY
    3. FOCAS Ethernet = 99% Remote CNC Operation
    4. PCMCIA Ethernet adapter = Mainly used for machine service not every day use

If anybody has information on the PCMCIA adapter I would be interested in knowing about any 3rd party ones. I deal with quite a few <0iC controls WO ethernet

I'm curious, if you're using a card in the PCMCIA slot why would you need ethernet also? or vise versa?
    I've been using a PCMCIA card on my machine for 10 years. It holds 1000's of programs and there is still plenty of space free.
    I routinely back-up the card to 2 other PC's and another 2 cards just as a safety measure.
    for anything else I just upload/download to/from a PC via the serial port which is built-in and costs $0 extra
    At my work we use PC-DNC3 Plus which has remote upload/download via an automatically switching serial box so every machine operator can get any program off the server directly via a few commands typed into the control, then 'punch' to send the commands to the server then 'read' to pull down the CNC program. Much cheaper and simpler than a custom Fanuc ethernet solution

Embedded Ethernet = FTP data transfer

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMonkey View Post
    There are a few options

1. Embedded Ethernet = FTP data transfer
    2. Fast Ethernet + Data Server = FTP + EXTRA MEMORY
    3. FOCAS Ethernet = 99% Remote CNC Operation
    4. PCMCIA Ethernet adapter = Mainly used for machine service not every day use

If anybody has information on the PCMCIA adapter I would be interested in knowing about any 3rd party ones. I deal with quite a few <0iC controls WO ethernet
    http://www.meca-test.ch/upload/file/...ption%20en.pdf
    http://www.cnc1.com/images/customer-...t_Settings.pdf