586,117 active members*
3,566 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any Comments about PartsBase.com?

I realize that this is probably not the right forum. But I figured the RFQ people on here could give me some feedback. I'm looking to branch out into some Aircraft work. My background is in the Aerospace field for the last 25 or so years. I've been building some motorcycle parts and custom car parts since I opened my own shop about 3 years ago. But the reality of the situation is they don't pay as good as the AeroSpace parts. Here's where PartsBase comes in. I just wanted to know if anyone here has used there service and what where the results. Any Info would be greatly appreciated. Tim Wyatt
    Precision Performance Machining

They aren't going to do anything for you that you can't do yourself. They seem like another one of those companies that will take your money and not perform.
    Mfg Quote, First Index, Faspac, all have very poor reputations, throw these people in with them. Anyone who won't offer you a month to month agreement
    has no incentive to perform on your behalf. There is a thread either in here
    or in RFQWork on getting government contracts, search around for it. Also just go to government sites, I think I found one and listed it on that thread, they will walk you through the process for FREE! Don't pay the scammers!

Just about what I thought

Thanx Dual It all just sounded to good to be true. After spending a little time whith there salesperson yesterday I was not at all convinced they where going to do anything for me.They did a lot of Name Dropping like Boeing and Saab Aircraft. Sticking my Shop info on there website doesn't really excite me dosn't mean anyone is going to see it. I've already got all my Gov. stuff set up bid on a few jobs. But by the time you get all the outside processes done and account for the military paper work. Not much money to be made.

Tim @ PPM Inc.

if it seems too good to be true it is. I started my own company doing the same thing as a one man army and people that used sight like mfg.com were way happier with me! I only charged 10% u cant beat that. Its hard work but you have to do it if you want to keep your head above water right now. Pound the pavement dont be lazy and expect work to walk through you're door. You got to put the work in if you want the results!

Thats a lot of whats wrong!

Custom I couldn't agree more. It reminds me of the definition of Luck. Its where perspiration meets preparation. Things are what they are right now. you just have to work hard and make the most of every oppertunity. The reallity of the situation is if we don't find a way to compete with the Chinese then we're in real trouble. The problem with that is quality we've all bought some chinese piece of crap item because it was so cheap. Until we get Americans buying domestic products again we're gonna have a long row to hoe. The American products cost a lot more but you get a lot more service out of it. So where is the savings? Tim