586,551 active members*
3,529 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > cambam problem

Question cambam problem

Hi Folks been lurking here for a few years, I read new things everyday. Thanks for the great forum. I recently completed building a cnc router and am haveing a little trouble with the software. I upload a dfx file into cambam and edit it, I get the toolpaths ok and it makes the gcode fine i load it into emc2 and no matter how i size it it tells me that it exceeds my machine limits ive checked and rechecked my limits and it is fine. the last file had a rc airplane wing at 36 inches and my machine will cut 45 inches but it showed it at 36 inches and told me it exceeded my limits. Ive been working on it all day but I cant seem to figure it out. Keep in mind im a total noob at cam software but i thought I understood it,from all the reading ive done in the last year.

Thanks
    Jon

What version of EMC2 are you running? The recent ones will display soft limits as dashed red lines on the backplot, which will allow you to see where they lie in relation to your toolpaths.

Some other things to check:

Be sure to home your machine before loading your file, even if you don't have home switches. Otherwise EMC2 may think the machine is at a different position than it actually is.

Verify that you're using the same units in cambam as in EMC2 (inch/metric).

If neither of these are the problem, please post your ini and gcode files and we may be able to help.

Regards
    HR

Thanks

Thank you for your quick reply ill double check everything again in the morning. Ill let you know on the version of emc2 also.
    Thanks
    Jon

Click on the object in CamBam and then go under tool and click "Object Extremes"

Make sure that this doesn't exceed your limits. Sometime if you import an .STL file the scale will be way off and you will need to scale it to your desired size.

If your not cutting 3D and only importing DXF then this shouldn't be the issue but just give that a try.