Hello everyone, this is my first post to this forum(after hangin' out for about a year). So here goes, sorry if this sounds stupid. It's hard to keep/get a job in the machining industry in the Midwest (Indiana):drowning:, but I got lucky, I think?

I am starting a new job on Monday 10-5-09 in a metal fab shop that runs a Mitsubishi laser 2000 watt and all I know about it so far, or any Mitsubishi for that matter, is it appears to cut 7 guage stainless really well - beautiful cut, no apparent dross.
My experience is solely with Bystronic lasers(9+ years) Byflex, Bystar, Bytube(1 of a kind, custom built), and the first 4000 watt Byspeed in production (according to Bystronic) in No. America(9-2002...they installed 1 in CA, but couldn't get the high voltage working consistently..so mine cut parts 1st)That didn't mean much to anyone but me..I felt like I had valuable experience(flame2).

With my Byspeed, I could program AutoCad or Cadkey drawing files(.dxf) and import them into Bystronic's Bysoft software and create actual parts right at the laser and nest them together if the need were to arise. I still have AutoCad software @ home but I don't know if it will do me any good anymore on the off chance I decide to program something myself or feel creative ?
Can any of you expert Mistsubishi operators/programmers tell me if my .dxf files could be useful or would they need to be converted via proprietary software...ie. Mitsubishi drawing/converting programs? In a perfect world I could just put them on a 3 1/2" floppy and load it up... Sorry so long.