586,390 active members*
2,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Further help making it alive

Ok, after some help I could make my machine, with a 21i-m controller to move. After 2 months cleaning it was something nice to see. I have also changed the moving limits and X,Y and Z moves correctly. Also the machine goto home (amazing to see at 40m/min)
    Two more problem exist (for now), probably due to my small knowledge in Fanuc machines.

In the picture attached, it is clear that the current tool is in slot number 2; the control panel displays 00. Is there any parameter where the current tool can be set? I have looked in the parameter manual and could not find none.

2nd issue. When I press the spindle button (it lights on), also in the picture, I was expecting that the pindle would rotate (do not know the speed it would, but I was expecting some rotation). Since it did not rotate, I looked in the AC spindle amplifier where I see error 01, instead of expected 00 (ready). Looking in google I found out that this error is: AL-01 Motor Overheat. The machine does not run at least for 3 years, motor should be like ice, it will be not cooler than now, so this is a big problem, no ?

I must add that the controller does not display any error, only the spindle drive. Also the fan on the spindle motor is rotating fine, but I remember, when I cleaned the machine that this fan would be in trouble to work. Can this be an error from a previous situation? How can one reset that error?

Once again thank you. I am very far away from any thecnical support, so this forum is all that I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA030140_cnczone.jpg  

The number signified by the display is the tool in the spindle. I believe this to be correct since it says spindle tool above the display. Also, you will need to command a spindle speed in MDI prior to starting the spindle, as there appears to be no manual control for spindle speed.

Most of the tool/spindle numbers I have seen on these m/c have been kept in the

SYSTEM -> PMC -> PMC PRM -> COUNTERS settings

But every machine is different ......

The tool readout may show the next tool rather than the current tool
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

AL-01 normaly is a broken FAN in the AMP'.

I have stated something wrong.
    In the amplifier there is ERROR and ALARM. I did not notice the diference until now, and I have an error not an alarm. Looking in the manual, error01 means wrong operation or wrong sequence. And probably I do not have any hardware error. It should only be since I do not have any speed selected, the amplifier does not know at what speed it should go.

About the 00, Ozemale6t9 is also wright. This number should be the tool, not the slot of the tool.

Thank you