586,103 active members*
3,231 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > my wife set me up

Smile my wife set me up

My wife has known for a while that I haven't been using my machine much because of my frustration of learning ver 21 and that I had been wanting to upgrade to 23 but was afraid to spend the money. She went on the Bobcad site and put in our info for that hat drawing. After I found out I told her they would be calling me for sure wanting me to upgrade, she said "I know why do you think I did it". Next day they called and now I have ver23 pro, art, training videos, and predator coming to me.

Most mens wives complain when they order tools, my wife complains when I don't.

This is how I got my CNC mill too, she told me to pick a mill or she was going to pick one for me.

clearly a life partner and not "the wife" :cheers:
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

You probably ought to keep that one!

They're both keepers - the wife, and V23!

If you need the training videos, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    Depends on how long there've been married for. And I'm sure that any issues they have will only be small ones LOL

Well could be a way of keeping you busy and out of the house and besides when you're up to your neck in projects...ya ain't thinking about anything else.

Crafty woman!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Depends on how long there've been married for. And I'm sure that any issues they have will only be small ones LOL
    ; )

Well we've been married 20 years, there's been some rough patches in our lives but we've always come out stronger for it, so ya more of a partner than a wife. She also likes getting equipment so she does have some ulterior motives. The next major piece of equipment we both want is a laser cutter/engraver, but that's a ways out.

Version 23 seems to have way less complaints than 22 which is another reason I was waiting, wanted to make sure most of the issues were resolved.

Be sure to have your wife update your version/build number to 1493. Also be sure your post is up-to-date.

Congratulations!

My wife was a keeper too!!! She kept the house, car, dog and all the savings! Seriously, I just recently purchased Ver. 23 which was an upgrade from Ver 21. Wow, what a difference.
    Keep that lady!
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    They're both keepers - the wife, and V23!

Are the training videos for the wife or for the V23?

Just kidding! Congrats on the new purchase. V23 keeps all 3 of my Fadals humming. Professional software at a "hobby" price.

Quote Originally Posted by uptoolateman View Post
    Version 23 seems to have way less complaints than 22 which is another reason I was waiting, wanted to make sure most of the issues were resolved.
    From a formerly dissatisfied customer of V22, I give V23 a big thumbs up.

Glad to hear that the v23 is better than 22 and it looks way more user friendly than 21. I didn't want to spend a bunch of time learning 21 then go to something else with a totally different interface.
    I've read on here that the predator editor makes v23 even better, so hopefully I can commit to cutting some parts soon and not be so intimidated by my noob status. My mill has cut a lot of air but not much else so far, and I've felt really guilty for having it just sit in my shop while I continue using my manual machines.