586,119 active members*
3,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Lagun help

Lagun help

Hey, Newbie here. I just received a used FTV-4 mill in my shop and shortly after wiring it up the motor was fried. I am looking for any insight, help, or advice on how to replace the motor. What is the best way to remove and install the motor? Is there a repair/service manual available? Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you get this fixed? Just found this older post wile searching other Lagun info.

Jim

My first post.

Just want to say Hi and look around.

Lagun ftv-4 motor wiring

I have a Lagun ftv-4 VS Head I'm parting out. I want to check the motor out and make sure it runs. The peckerhead has 6 terminals in it with options of jumping 3 together or jump them in 3 pairs. I want to wire it for 220v 3phase. Any info would be great.

Thanks for the reply Cheetah. Sorry it took me so long to reply butI have been on vacation. I have not fixed the mill yet. I did finally get in touch with a factory rep. from Lagun and received some excellent info from him. The shop has been too busy to stop and work on the mill though, maybe one day soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jp425 View Post
    I have a Lagun ftv-4 VS Head I'm parting out. I want to check the motor out and make sure it runs. The peckerhead has 6 terminals in it with options of jumping 3 together or jump them in 3 pairs. I want to wire it for 220v 3phase. Any info would be great.

These are tricky. Is it the 3hp version? Are there 9 leads going down into the motor? I recently went through this on my Lagun as it was wired 440 when I got it.

Lagun ftv-4 motor wiring

Hey Cheetah. I believe the motor is a 4hp. The motor peckerhead has two sets of terminals in it. The left side power comes into three terminals. The right side has three terminals that are jumpered together. Top terminal on each side has a green wire, middle terminal on each side has a red wire and the bottom terminal on each side has a black wire. Those six wires go into the motor housing. There are only six wires to connect to. The way we do it in America there are nine wires numbered 1-9 its so simple.

Thanks Jim