586,069 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

External EStop Requested Issue

Hi there,

I´m using Mach3 with no problems but when I try to cut a 2D contour my machine and Spindle stop with any reason and mach3 show this:

"External EStop Requested"

I don´t know why? Any Help?

I´ve cutted pockets, holes with no problem, but I don´t know why when I try to cut contour gets this issue.

Excuse my english.

Most likely the cause is electrical noise going into the LPT-port and triggering the E-stop. Best fix is to find the cause of the noise and make sure it can't get in, in other words proper shielding and grounding. Next best aproach is to add some filtering to the inputs, either by hardware or software.

The software way: Go to Config->General Config, in the upper right hand corner is a box called Debounce Interval, start with a realtively high value, like 1000 and if that works slowly work your way down untill you find the lowest possible value where it still works.

Doing this affects all inputs so if you have homeswitches they may need to be retweaked as the position may shift slightly depending on how much filtering you apply.

Thank you for your reply.

When you talk about proper shielding and grounding do you talk about cable? Pc?or what?

Short answer: Yes. PC, cables, powersupplies, drives, everything.

It's impossible to be specific since we have so little details about your system. But generally speaking you should use a star-ground strategy, ie all grounds that are (or should be) at the same potential goes to a single common point, you never daisy-chain grounds from one device to anothet to another to another.

Cable shields can be a little tricker but usually (not allways) you connect the shield to ground at one end only. But again, it's really hard to specific since we don't know the details about your system.

I´ve write 500 in Debounce Interval and my machine seems to works more slow but fine.

After some time now my spindle stops with no reason but my machine continue with movements. Mach3 do not show any error.

Any help?

Wiring problem? Bad connection somewhere? Overheat? What type of spindle? How do you control it?