586,461 active members*
4,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

building 4th axis

Hello all ,

I try to make my own 4th axis , I have mine indexer but now I need more , I am done with the mechanics and I can not push the project forward because the servomotor. I did join the servo to the machine , the encoder runs fine , but it seems that the haas controller can not turn the motor right , I think this is because the motor , I bought one from ebay , from the voltage is same like haas use , but mine has 3000 RPM nominal , haas usually has 1500 RPM , I think this is the problem , I think I did enter the correct data into the haas 4th axis parameters section.

thats my servomotor :
    SGMP-02A312 ( 200W , 200V , 2.0A , n/min : 3000 , encoder 2048imp/rev )

I think I need to buy another one servomotor , this time a right one , but I don`t know what type exactly , someone know what type of servomotors are in HA5C`s ( brushless ) ? I know that the HRT`s have SGMG , they are pretty expensive , the ones in HA5C should be more cheaper .

Peter

More pics here : http://picasaweb.google.pl/piotr.sac...eat=directlink

Very nice work, i am also interested in making one for my Hass VF-3, i don't always need one but there are times where i can use one for a couple jobs. would you be willing to make it available to everyone to make for themselves? please let me know by PM
    Thanks
    Will

what do you mean ? the knowledge of electronics or schematics for the mechanics ? I have nothing against to share my knowledge , the mechanical part is very individual.

Peter

Hi Pit202

Are you using a Yaskawa Drive for your motor or trying to use the Haas system if you have a Yaskawa drive for your motor you can just control that drive from the Haas all the motor set up is done in the drive
    Mactec54

my machine is equipt with a haas servo driver

Peter

Hi Pit202

The Yaskawa motor is not going to care if you put 1500rpm into the Haas control if that is going to make it work but I think you will be better off with a Yaskawa Drive
    Mactec54

Peter, i am more intrested in the Pin out for the 17pin connector, my machine for some reason doesnt have the wiring manual, it has the brushlees drive already wired in and ready to go. just need the connection diagram to hook up to.
    Thanks
    Will

Peter
    very nice work.
    one reccomendation put a through hole in it, that way you will be able to do shafting and add a collet nose to it to do small work.

I added a A2-6 collet nose (lathe 6" collet nose 5c and 16 c )to mine, just working on the collet closer(air one),
    I am using old hardinge AHC collet closer parts to mount to the back.
    I can get you drawings and pictures if you need it.

Delw

Delw : I can not make the through hole because the harmonic drive, lucky for me till now I didn`t need that, thanks anyway .

Hele63 : I attached a screen in that you should find the answers.

mactec54 : did you join haas with other yaskawa drive with success ? can you provide more details or is this only theory ?

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aux axis.gif  

Took me a while but now I see it, you have the motor directly on the back of the 4th axis.

thats going to be interesting to see how that works, as when using a 4th and at the edges your pressure will be alot, will a motor handle this connected to unit inline like the picture? what about braking?
    the gears usually give the motor alot more lbs of force I always thought?

I am just curious not knocking the unit at all, cause as always you do some very nice work can't wait to see it done.

Delw

Delw

He has gears He is using a harmonic drive that the best you can do/get for a 4th axes with 0 backlash
    Mactec54

Ok I understand it now, did a quick search on it. its basically a planetary gear set if I understand it correctly? I didnt understand the term, until I saw planetary gear set being mentioned now it makes sence. http://www.harmonicdrive.net/
    thanks Mac