586,077 active members*
4,041 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 5 2345

Another one arriving soon !!

Hi There All,

I'm just about to take delivery of a 1336, should be here early in the new year. As per everyones advice, I opted for FCL shipping, and appointed a local agent. I hope it will keep my costs down. Sky Gazer stays just around the corner from me, he was hit with a "mysterious" $3K additional charge, over and above the normal charges on this side.

I opted for the bellowed rails version, as I mainly want to cut alu sheet metal, I'm in the aircraft kit building industry. The machine is equipped with a 4.5kW spindle, driven by a Talent Inverter.

Myself and Sky Gazer have opted to not even start up the Chinese software, we tossed his in a box, without even opening it. My first CNC router experience was a Step-Four Basic-540 3-axis router, and a CNC 4-axis foam cutter. I converted the original DOS operating system, and archaic control box to DeskCNC. I had perfect joy using the DeskCNC software to create my toolpaths, and use the DeskCNC 2nd generation card as the G-code interpreter. We decided to convert our J-Cut machines to DeskCNC.

We have now sucessfully run the 3 axis of Sky Gazer's 1836 with DeskCNC. The next stage is to get the spindle driven from the DeskCNC PWM output. We have a PWM to 0-10VDC converter card, which should now drive the Talent Inverter.

My 2 stumbling blocks are, I have the inverter manual in Chinese, and I can't figure out how to start the spindle up in manual mode, from the little keypad. Has anyone got some instructions for me. The second question, how do I change the inverter control over to external input mode, to be able to drive it with the 0-10VDC signal from DeskCNC? The talent-HK.com website is down, due to some or other internet clampdown in Beijing.

Any help in supplying operating instructions for the Talent inverter will be appreciated.

Regards,

Francois

Hi All
    I'm from Russia I want to say thank you Taney for his help in the selection and purchase of QuickCNC K60MT for my workshop.

Я Дмитрий из России, хочу сказать большое спасибо Taneyза помощь в выборе и приобретении QuickCNC K60MT для моей мастерской.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4684.JPG  

thanks dima i enjoyed looking at the pictures of russia, here in the US i am always interested in how woodworking is there!! thank you

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

dimaP nice machine you have there.....excelent picture....i have one question...you have a 4th axis addone.....tell me what kind of controller you have dsp sitem or mach3????and if you have dsp tell me if you have futures for 4th axis in the firmware of the dsp...i am searching for a firmware version that support's 4th axis...tx ...best regard's from romania:P

Hi mecanicu, the DSP 4th axis system is not a real 4th axis you can not work the Y axis and rotary together. When you run the Y axis you can not use rotary when you use rotary, you can not use Y axis so it is the same like you remove the plug and connect to rotary even faster
    you can see use rotary on next link http://www.cnczone.ru/forums/index.p...indpost&p=7211

Hi Folks,

I'm now a proud owner of a K60MT 1.5m x 4m x .4m envelope machine. My post here has some photographs. Need to give details when I have a moment to rest.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=10

I would really appreciate your inputs on some of the questions there.

Thanks a bunch,
    Nash

Quick CNC Dealer in Russia

QuickCNC.ru

Dear old sports,

We now have one customer in Russia selling our machines, so if you are from Russia and have interests to Quick CNC router, pls contact with him, his website is: quickcnc.ru

Quickcnc.ru

Dear old sports,

We now have one customer in Russia selling our machines, so if you are from Russia and have interests to Quick CNC router, pls contact with him, his website is: www.quickcnc.ru

Hi Andre09

How is your experience with Jinan Quick CNC? Is the machine good? What about the technical service if you need it, are they helpful?

Thank you

Purnama_Cam

Bump

This Thread is too good to be languishing on page 2.

Essential reading for those interested in purchasing a machine. Extremely valuable contribution by Andre09 and Garychief.

Where are you Andre?

Rocket

Hi Rocket,

i second that, where is andre??

anyways, i have been around and always looking. i had that crap from local laywers regarding comments i made here on the forum, all but dead in the water as i think there sole intentions where to attempt to derail my business as i have hit local market quite well.

the Quick cnc has been faultless running under Mach3. work is busy so play time is quite limited. The vac pump looks like crap but function very well. i will not replace it until it is totally dead. i have considered purchasing a second machine if i can find a buyer for the one i built. i would have to move it as space is an issue now.
    pics attached are recent work on the home brew machine.

Gary Bennett
    POLYVISUAL
    Perth WA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0342.jpg   IMG_0218.jpg  

Hi Gary, Good to see the legal dramas are behind you.

With the quality of work that you do, i can see why your competitors are worried!

Rocket.

Hello Andre....

First of all Congratulations for your Quick CNC machine.
    I am planning to buy K60MT Model 1325. I want to know how is your machine working for you till now. I am planning to buy the machine for the engraving work in stone, marble and glass. My main application would be marble and stone and than other materials.

I am going for the following specifications :

Spindle power 6kw air cooled (Italy)
    Mist cooling system which is required for cooling of tools.
    Auto Lubrication.
    Controller - NCStudio (Shanghai CNC System) instead of DSP
    and rest is the standard configuration

Please tell me your reviews about your machine.

Rocket, can you post Taney's contact info here? I want to purchase 4th axis components, to add to my 1336. I need a Leadshine MA860 stepper motor controller, and the rotary axis with chuck and rotary position encoder on it. I don't need a tailstock. I'll do my own installation.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyCAD View Post
    Rocket, can you post Taney's contact info here? I want to purchase 4th axis components, to add to my 1336. I need a Leadshine MA860 stepper motor controller, and the rotary axis with chuck and rotary position encoder on it. I don't need a tailstock. I'll do my own installation.
    Sure HobbyCad - Here you go

Email/MSN: [email protected] Bugger, can never stop it from showing in blue. There is an underscore eg tomhua_1 (at)hotmail.com

Rocket.

Dear guys,

I have read most of the posting on this thread and it seems Quick CNC is the machine I am looking for. I have checked the website and found many type of machines. Can someone recommend to me which type is good for working area 122cm x 244cm?

I bought Excitech machine before in 2007, but there support was below my expectation and after a while most of their staffs move to other companies. So, here in this thread, Rocket seems to recommend to contact with Tanney (ex-Excitech staff too). Is he really committed to service the customers? Because after all, it's up to his bosses on how they go about dealing with their clients.

Thank you, hoping to get some replie from you guys soon.

Purnama

Quote Originally Posted by purnama_cam View Post
    Dear guys,

I have read most of the posting on this thread and it seems Quick CNC is the machine I am looking for. I have checked the website and found many type of machines. Can someone recommend to me which type is good for working area 122cm x 244cm?

I bought Excitech machine before in 2007, but there support was below my expectation and after a while most of their staffs move to other companies. So, here in this thread, Rocket seems to recommend to contact with Tanney (ex-Excitech staff too). Is he really committed to service the customers? Because after all, it's up to his bosses on how they go about dealing with their clients.

Thank you, hoping to get some replie from you guys soon.

Purnama
    Hi Purnama, I would suggest machine size of 1300 x 2500 for you.

Taney will look after you till the cows come home. I know that if i have a problem with a machine i can Email him confident in the knowledge that he will do his best to assist. He is a man of Integrity.

Hope this helps you.

Rocket.

Thank you Rocket,

I sent email to Taney, and still waiting for his reply.
    Have you got any experience about Quick ATC system? Is it accurate and reliable?

Purnama

Purnama, Our machines are all Manual Tool Change. I have no knowledge of the Quick Auto Tool Changer machines.

Rocket.

Page 4 of 5 2345