3,967 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    A G00 Z-36.000 is gunna be Oh Crap!
    hey, at least we don't have 1000 ipm rapids

Quote Originally Posted by smallblock View Post
    I agree, there are 1 or 2 of these guys on every forum- most reasonable people recognize them for what they are.
    Since the guy had to have his buddy do all his whining, he doesn't come across as the "sharpest tool in the shed". Maybe he should follow the lead of another "dull cutter" and just give his machine away. I'm sure there are plenty of guys here who could get it up and running in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlanecafe View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of guys here who could get it up and running in no time.
    I think that's the problem with Capteod and his friend. The first time either one of them shows up in the forum is to complain, whereas there is a wealth of information here and on the Yahoo group, on the characteristics of the Tormach and how to use it properly (including long threads on threading!). Maybe a little more time reading and less time b*tch*ng would be more productive on his part...

Randy

Seems like the poster's main purpose was to complain rather than to resolve a problem. His style makes me wonder what those that interact with him daily think of him. He sounds like a bit of a bully to me.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Tormach and they've been nothing but professional with me. But then I try not to post private emails to the world at large - that's very unprofessional in my book.

Mike

yes fastlanecafe i am the "dull cutter" you are referring to, and yes i gave that p.o.s. shoptask away and got a mill that will perform as advertised and have been happy ever since. why don't you just say what is on your mind instead of all this dancing around?
    things must be getting a little slow over on the shoptask forum?

Quote Originally Posted by norvil1 View Post
    yes fastlanecafe i am the "dull cutter" you are referring to, and yes i gave that p.o.s. shoptask away and got a mill that will perform as advertised and have been happy ever since. why don't you just say what is on your mind instead of all this dancing around?
    things must be getting a little slow over on the shoptask forum?
    Good news all around- you're happy over here and since the moderator emptied the dumpster, people over on the shoptask forum are happy too.

Machine

It seems to me that guys with all this experience
    don't seem to realize that this machine is not a
    production machine meant to cut hardened steel.
    It's a small hobby machine or Prototype meant for Aluminium
    There are lots of machine that have rigid tapping
    and a tool changer that are 4X the price. Do some
    research before you buy .

The PCNC user group is second to none. Without taking anything away from Tormach's very knowledgable and helpful staff, the support I've received from the Tormach community (most of whom I've never met face-to-face) has been invaluable in bringing my understanding to the point it is. :cheers: to all Tormach users!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin44 View Post
    It seems to me that guys with all this experience
    don't seem to realize that this machine is not a
    production machine meant to cut hardened steel.
    It's a small hobby machine or Prototype meant for Aluminium
    There are lots of machine that have rigid tapping
    and a tool changer that are 4X the price. Do some
    research before you buy .
    Actually you can get a haas TM-1 for 25% off so that makes it 17.5k. No rigid tapping or ATC, but a whole heck of a lot more machine. I got a quote for a fully loaded TM-1 for 26k from my local HFO a few months ago.

Here's my bit about Tormach's Customer Service. Exceptional without fail. The machine's were purchased by my college and sat for about 6 months before myself and the new machinist could get it cleaned up and organized. The previous machinist was an absolute pig and the shop was without supervision for a year and students destroyed it. Sooo, we got everything set up and had an issue with a parallel port cable, which was sent free of charge and arrived in two days (Michigan to New Mexico). The next issue was a problem with the spindle turning off intermittently when running and not turning on when it should. The issue turned out to be a faulty solder connection or plug on the machine breakout board. Again, a new one was sent out without any hassle whatsoever, took two days to get here, and return shipping for the old board was payed for by Tormach. Anytime I have had any issue or question Matt has always been extremely helpful. Both issues we have had with the machines were resolved promptly and without complaint or hassle, and really, what more could you ask.

Tormach's Customer Service A++++

NOTE: I refuse to read your post you &%^# simply because of your font. I HATE THAT BALONEY. It makes me completely unsympathetic to your cause. And I hope Digital Machinist puts that email right where it belongs, in the trash.

I know Mike as well and was recently down there and pleased to see the new machine. In the next year or so I am looking to upgrade my set up and was thinking I might go with the Tormach. After his troubles and disappointing (not to mention rude and incompetent handling of his orders and inter office "comments") I have decided to look elsewhere, sadly I doubt that tormach cares that they have lost a customer (or three) and that is almost as sad as the fact that they had a customer who was spending quite a bit of money with them and he was viewed as being a "nuisance"................

There is a lot more behind the original post by CaptEOD and it does make me laugh a bit that folks here are more worried about his font than his intent or even the message itself - Might have to do with me being a small company owner and not a certified master machinist / fancy papered fellow, who knows. The fact is that Mike has had a problem with his machine and the resulting service and that's what the original post was geared towards and much like if my neighbor bought a BMW and it fell apart I would not go running out to buy one the following year......... Nor will I now contemplate buying a Tormach.

Now before anyone says "Hey both guys have "EOD" in their name they much be related/same person - nope Never met CaptEOD though I can tell from his name he was a Explosive Ordinance Disposal tech the same as I was and in case anyone wants to complain about me using BMW as a reference - well I think they are over priced, I've never owned one so maybe they are the greatest vehicul ever - I'm happy with my Chevy so why buy a Bemmer to validate a post on the site here?

As for the comments about Mike, as far as i know he isn't a member here (though he very well could be) - making comments about someone you don't know is simply ignorant and says something about the commenter (IMO). Mike owns his own machine shop and helped me start my own business - does he have a wall of certificates that says he was awarded a gold star in "Super genius machinist 101 class", not that I have seen but that doesn't make him a dumb person either..........

Cheers, happy machining and be safe.

~T

Page 2 of 2 12