586,065 active members*
4,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc rapid override

Firstly i'd like to say hello to everyone as this is my first post on here. I have just started a new job, my first time woking on mori seiki and fanuc controls. The machine is a sl-80 from the late 90's.

Please can anyone tell me if it is possible to control the rapid traverse in mem mode using the dial switch in increments between 0-100%? I have been told it is only possible to use the rapid speeds of 25% or 100%. Every control system i have previously used has allowed greater control of rapid speed and i assume fanuc is no different.

I hope this question makes sense to people, any help would be greatly appreciated. Sam

SL80

Depends on the vintage of the op panel. Should be off or creep mode, 25%, 50% and 100%. Parameters control the actual speed of each.

You can use the feed override also during rapid, but it will only stop axis movement when it is turned down to 0.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping there was a way to have more control over the rapid travel than just slowing it to say 25%. For example, Siemens controls are the same when the machine is switched on but in 'program control' you can select 'ROV' which allows infinate control of the rapid travel using the dial switch. It would just be handy to have more control over the tool approach when doing first offs, i'm thinking that for people who have used fanuc for a while this isn't a problem but I'm just used to working with controls that allow it and thought there must be a way of changing it somehow.