586,103 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > x axis only runs in one direction PLEASE HELP

x axis only runs in one direction PLEASE HELP

I recently disassemebeled my machine to move it. i disxconnected the axis by removing the splices between the controller and the mill. However now that i have reconnected everyhting, my x axis will only travel in one direction. i've had this happen before, but i can'tr remember what the problem was. could it be software related, i'm using mach3. I'm using the gc11 board from cnc 4pc.

I does show it sending a signal according to the lights on the bob. could i have a broken wire or connection.

i think i remember there being a setting in the software that would change this, but i'm not sure what the problem was the last time.

Please help , all suggestions considered.
    Mark

Think about what you changed / disconnected. Unless something came loose while moving, the problem is likely where you disconnected things. Unless you changed to a new computer, reinstalled software, etc., that is not likely the problem.

If that doesn't help, what type of motor and motor drives are you using? If steppers, look at the direction line to the motor drive.

I had this happen before too, my problem was the wire in the db9 terminal came unsoldered. Don't know if you are useing a db9 cable or what but if the software settings haven't changed, I'd look at the wiring first.

Quote Originally Posted by jsheerin View Post
    Think about what you changed / disconnected. Unless something came loose while moving, the problem is likely where you disconnected things. Unless you changed to a new computer, reinstalled software, etc., that is not likely the problem.

If that doesn't help, what type of motor and motor drives are you using? If steppers, look at the direction line to the motor drive.
    Nothing has changed. The wires that were disconnected were color coded, so there is no way they are reconnected incorrectly. My guess is that if it was a connection , there would have to be two wires interconnected togtether to get the same direction when trying to jog another.
    i didn't change computers either.