586,555 active members*
3,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MDI problem

MDI problem

Hello there,

I just purchased a used 2004 SV2412 for my garage shop. This machine has the Fanuc Oi Mate-MB control (my first experience with Fanuc). I'm having a problem with using MDI. I can write a simple program in MDI mode to turn the spindle on but when I press [Cycle Start] nothing happens.

O0000 M03 S1000 ;
    M99
    %

I can turn the spindle on manually in jog or handwheel mode. I also ran through the built-in diagnostics with no problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    RBC Metalwork
    Honolulu, Hawaii

Interlock?

Hello, try something simple like coolant on/off first,(M08/M09) just in case it's a safety interlock preventing auto use (door open, low air pressure, low hydraulic/low slide oil/ low spindle oil etc stopping the spindle from running).

Otherwise does it work ok if you write a program in auto mode and run it?

Some machines are picky about the order of code too, for example you may have to issue the S code then the M code (S1000 M03, but it should run ok if on the same block)

Hope you have some good luck, Cheers.

PS: How's the weather this time of year ?

In MDI mode you should only need to issue the M03 and S1000 and then cycle start after the commands have been input.

It appears you are writing a program in the example given so try an M02 or an M30 instead of M99

I have a 2412 as well. Try this:

S1000 M03; and nothing more.
    Insert and puch START CYCLE

Good luck
    Larry

Larry and RBCMetalwork , How much did you get your machines for ? New or Used ? Will they run well on single phase 220 ? How would you compare them to a Fadal VMC-15 ?

Please delete M99
    Good lucky

MDI works fine now

Thank you for all the replies. It works now. I think the problem was that I wasn't waiting for the two clicks on startup.

mif73 The weather's fine. Mid to upper 80s during the day and mid 70s at night.

LatheMaster, I got mine used for $20K. The $4600 shipping to Hawaii was the hard part. I'm using a Phase Perfect phase converter. It's costly but very nice. Sorry, I don't have any experience with Fadal.