586,392 active members*
3,050 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Motor Numbers

Hi all, I have a Fanuc red cap 5S motor part # A06B-0314-B002#7200 that I believe has a short and I happen to have a spare motor on the shelf that I believe is compatable but the number is slightly different. Im wondering if somebdy has the knowedge to decifer the numbers.

The motor I removed from the machine is A06B-0314-B002#7200
    and the spare I have on the shef is A06B-0314-B002#7000

so basicy what Im asking is.....does anybody know what the diference between the #7200 and # 7000 is?

Thanks
    Matt

You should be OK, the important #s are from A to B002, all the motor options are included here.
    Especially if the x = 0 (#7yxx)
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks Al, I called fanuc and they actually gave the infomation to me, which was a huge suprise.

For anybodys future reference the "2" in #7200 Identifies it as being a HP motor or High Precision, and according to the guy at fanuc all that means is that it is a #7000 motor that has been verfied after assemby to meat spec.....other than that, it is the same

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by TR MFG View Post
    .... all that means is that it is a #7000 motor that has been verfied after assemby to meat spec.....other than that, it is the same

Matt
    I guess that one actually gets tested
    At Fanuc prices I would have thought they could have tested every one!
    I have the definition of the other numbers, BTW.
    Al.

Albert E.

Yeah Al, That cracked me up when he said that.

Unfortuantly this motor hasent soved my problem, Im still getting an Abnormal Current Alarm. Very intermittent....the machine will run for and hour and then alarm out...the cable checks good....so now Im on to the servo unit.

Al or anybody else, is there a way I can narrow this down to the servo unit for sure. I want to be %99 percent positive before I spend $4k of the companys money.

matt

Is the motor getting hot?
    Does it run at a fairly constant high load?
    Is there any way you can remove the motor and run it free and run an exercise program for an hour or so?
    Al.

Albert E.

No it’s not getting hot, it’s actually very cool. Two different motors and I get the same results.

I think I could pull the motor off and write a program to cycle the motor with out it alarming out.

This is what happens if it helps
    I get a 434 alarm and after checking Diagnosis 722 bit 4 indicates that I have a HCAL alarm on my B axis. If I look at the servo control unit the HCN light is illuminated as well.

If I cycle the power, it will run for another hour....

Just for the fun of it, I popped the top board off of the drive and the three large capacitors look to be pretty swollen, I’m not sure if this means anything, but it didn’t look normal.

Is there any possibility you can swap two drives, IIRC I have also got this alarm when the motor thermal sensor goes open, the fact you have swapped the motors would eliminate the sensor, unless it is in the wiring back from the motor connector, If these are the alpha drives, I have had a loose/intermittent mini connector on the bottom of the drive.
    Al.

Albert E.

I can’t swap drives, this has the single speed control unit that controls all three drives, and I do not have another drive like it in the shop.

I did however find a repair shop that will send me a drive to use as a test, and if it works they will exchange my drive for only $900 dollars which I figured was pretty cheap considering its a fanuc part.

I checked all the connections I could and found a couple terminals that were loose. I was really hoping that was it, but it only ran for 11 minutes after I tightened everything up.

I still need to pull the motor off and run it in a free state, I’m hoping I can free up and do that shorty.

Matt