586,076 active members*
4,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco Spindle issue

Hurco Spindle issue

Here's another one for you guys,on my 1991 Hurco BMC20 with Ultimax II control and Yaskawa drives, when I tell my spindle to turn on, I get a spindle fault. If I look at the spindle drive the LED says [-IOC]. I turned the machine off a few days ago and this problem occured after the next power up, nothing different. Who's got the solution? Thanks.

That's an overcurrent error. Probably the transistor module gone west. Could be a short circuit in the motor wiring (unlikely).

Thanks Bloke. Any reason why I couldn't find this alarm in the manual? I thought that OC meant overcurrent, but, I couldn't figure out the I part of the equation. Input maybe? I appreciate your help. UPDATE--- just found a better,newer manual, the alarm page is much more clear.

Alarm

First time here, I had that same alarm on mine, I found 2 small fuses out on the spindle drive, being a Sunday I ran to Radio Shack and got 2 fuses of the same rating but different visual appearence. I loaded the fuses and powered up to a light show!!! I fried the spindle drive. This happened in '07 and the machine is still sitting there. Fact is, that's the reason I'm visiting this site, tring to figure out if there's and parts value to the machine I have??

What is your machine Model and year?? I may be interesyed in parts.

www.amtsinc.com

Buddy

I believe it was a mid '90, BMC20 , I will find my notes and get more detailed info sent Wednesday.

Got the info, it's a 1991 w/Ultimax II controller. Serial # BN-9003021C. The machine is complete minus the spindle drive, I had pulled it and sent it to a shade tree tech who closed up shop and left with my drive. Best thing going on the machine is just weeks before the drive blew I had all new spindle bearing installed.
    Hope this helps