586,062 active members*
4,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Restoring Parameters

Hello,

This is a pretty long shot but I currently am stuck with a boat anchor that has caused my production to grind to a halt. Hopefully someone may be able to help me.

My shop had a power surge and this caused one of my cnc mills to wipe it's parameters, normally annoying but fixable. When Cincinnati went out of business the master backup parameters were lost when the company that bought out Cincinnati closed their UK plant.

My only hope is that someone has the same control, model, and would be willing to download and ship me (I will pay for shipping and the card) a copy of their parameters so I can try to recover.

My machine 1998 Cincinnati Arrow 1500

My control is an18i Fanuc (Also labeled as Arrow Z0008K Fanuc Control Station).

Re: Restoring Parameters

The machine was originally shipped with a 10 page "Record of Tests" in a plastic binder with a floppy disk parameter backup.
    It also had a written copy of the "Keep Relays" that were set. These Fanucs had an SRAM battery that needs replacement every 2-years or less.
    It is unfortunate that customers do not make good backups and keep them on a server or media for safe keeping.
    There may be some backups still available from the US or UK but the Serial Number of the Machine and the Model type and serial
    number of the control would need to be listed.
    Fives MSI (Hebron, KY) or J Hodson (UK) or Phil Waller (UK) may be of assistance.

Re: Restoring Parameters

Sadly this machine was bought in an auction about 7 years ago and we didn't receive the record of tests binder apparently.
    I have been working with Fives and that is why I know there is no master backup, at least from the UK plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Endmillsfearme View Post
    Hello,

This is a pretty long shot but I currently am stuck with a boat anchor that has caused my production to grind to a halt. Hopefully someone may be able to help me.

My shop had a power surge and this caused one of my cnc mills to wipe it's parameters, normally annoying but fixable. When Cincinnati went out of business the master backup parameters were lost when the company that bought out Cincinnati closed their UK plant.

My only hope is that someone has the same control, model, and would be willing to download and ship me (I will pay for shipping and the card) a copy of their parameters so I can try to recover.

My machine 1998 Cincinnati Arrow 1500

My control is an18i Fanuc (Also labeled as Arrow Z0008K Fanuc Control Station).
    Have you checked for a memory card in the card slot? It may have parameter and programs saved on it. You set pwe and change source to 4 (I think) to access the files. Might not be there but worth a look. Some were pcmcia cards and other CFm