586,055 active members*
4,277 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > chnc I turret up problem needs a clue

chnc I turret up problem needs a clue

having problem with turret up for turret to index turret trys to go up but slow
    or no pressor a little help up with allen key, then it indexes to next station . changed stop valve and quad/orings in valve block , changed turret up valve, no change hear air blowing when turret trys to go up , need a clue

On CHNC's there are a good number of seals/ o-rings that are in the many parts of the turret. Chances some of these, or possibly just one, is allowing air to flow to a part of the machine it shouldn't. I work on Harding equipment all the time. when these seals leak, the turret either raises and indexes but never seats, delayed/slower indexing times, and louder air leaks. Im a service tech for a midwest distributor of Hardinge equipment. Hardinge has a sales seal kit for CHNC's you should find your dealer around u and get one of these on order. Then pull out your part list and you can figure out where they go and how the turret is assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nawrocki4Life View Post
    On CHNC's there are a good number of seals/ o-rings that are in the many parts of the turret. Chances some of these, or possibly just one, is allowing air to flow to a part of the machine it shouldn't. I work on Harding equipment all the time. when these seals leak, the turret either raises and indexes but never seats, delayed/slower indexing times, and louder air leaks. Im a service tech for a midwest distributor of Hardinge equipment. Hardinge has a sales seal kit for CHNC's you should find your dealer around u and get one of these on order. Then pull out your part list and you can figure out where they go and how the turret is assembled.
    Correct, after 12 yrs on my bought new CHNCI that started, a new turret o-ring kit fixed it. Lots of seals & rings in that kit.