586,308 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal z axis cold start position

Question Fadal z axis cold start position

My z axis overtraveled in the plus direction. Now my cold start position is off, low by about .080. Making my tool changer get hung up how do i reset my cold start position i treid setcs comand with no luck

I had this same problem of about the same amount of it being off.

Get the machine at the CS marks. Do a SETZ so that is home zero. Now power the machine off WITHOUT doing the 4-home axis 2- home for power off.. Just pull the power.

Upon boot up you get the machine was not power down in idle position this and that.. Hit the start button and it CS to the zero you are currently sitting and if your marks are right, it is the correct CS zero now for the ATC to be happy.

With doing the CS with it .080 off, it just kept going right back to the wrong place, but doing that power pull at the CS I wanted it worked fine.

aligne the marks within 0.060, cs, if it jups
    You gonna have to move manually the
    Resolver inside the servo motor!

If you are off all of a sudden by .080", you have a mechanical problem, especially after an overtravel. .080" is about 1/4 of a ballscrew rotation.

Motor or ballscrew couplings is the most likely culprit.

Once that is fixed and if its still off, as has already been said you just need to turn the resolver, under the motor cap, its a really easy job.

i think i found it in the manual for AC machines jog the machine to cs postion and enter it in the sv value i'm not near the machine but is that pretty self expanatory if there is alredy a value there i assume i add or subtrat it dose anybody know