586,106 active members*
3,012 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hit-30 Spindle fault

NEED HELP-During machining a part,1 leg of the 3 phase into my shop blew out,either due to or caused by a IGBT on the spindle drive that also blew out.After checking the motor and replacing the power section of the drive,I still can't get the spindle to turn.It continually faults.All other drives work fine. Any Thoughts?
    Thanks

Simodrive 611 , 840D control

Turns out my replacement drive was bad,even though it would bench test OK,when power was applied it would fail. I had another shipped overnight and this one has me up and running.
    The only problems I seem to have with this lathe are the Duplomatic turret with live tooling,and chasing down problems with the Siemans electrics.
    Oh well, i'm learning more all the time!
    Thanks.

Got a 30M here, been a really good machine with no major drama's. I think apart from changing a few parameters the only thing that has gone wrong has been the sensors for the live tooling. I'm also yet to find a quick & easy way of realigning the turret as everytime the above sensors play up the turret indexes with the live tool at the wrong orientation & pulls the turret out of alignment.

Apart from that all good, got a couple of other smaller Hyundai's as well, been going for 10+ years with no major problems & still as accurate as the day they came.

Atmosports-
    I agree,Its been a good machine.We just bought another used Hit-30 for a real good price.It seems to me that the rarety of the lathe along with the lack of support make it sort of a "Black sheep" in the CNC world. I too have had problems with the Turret and live tooling.Had to replace a couple sensors that were working too slowly.I also had the triangular piece that aligns the live tooling properly (For a tool change) come loose.(Such Fun to diagnose!!!!!).
    I have never changed any params.Without any tech support,I'm afraid I might get into trouble.If I could find a service manual that had some good info in it,I might try.Although the only param I want to change is the live tool backlash for tapping on my Hit-20.(It's a bit sloppy).
    Nice to hear from another Hyundai owner!
    Thanks