586,410 active members*
2,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OKK VM5 slow ATC

Hello,
    I have a customer that says that the ATC indexing on his OKK VM5 with Mits Neomatic 635 is slow. The actual toolchange is fast, it's the speed at which the tool pots cycle which is slow. Now, I can't confirm that it's any slower that it ever was, but, is there any way that a user can accidentally slow down the speed of the ATC's indexing? Any help would be appreciated.

The speed of the magazine index is controlled by the inverter inside of the electrical cabinet. So an accidental change is out of the question. Make sure the tools are placed in the magazine so the weight is balanced.

mitsman, thanks! I'll have the customer confirm if there is a weight imbalance. One question that begs to be answered is: Can I modify inverter settings to speed it up? Or do I run the risk of other issues popping up? Thanks.

To modify the inverter settings you would need the parameter list from OKK. But I would say that in the CNC machine tool world, tool to tool change time is an important specification and this is usually set to the bare minimum time that would allow a safe tool change and not cause undo mechanical problems. I think that trying to make the tool changer faster would probably cause mechanical issues to pop up.