586,103 active members*
3,304 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Edgecam post processor

Edgecam post processor

hi im looking for a post processor for a mach 3 controller to work with edgecam, ive had a few suggestions on how to do this but im really not sure on how to compile g code etc. im at university and if i could get a post processor i could use a newly purchased milling machine intead of using the workshop. ive been told that in edgecam the post processors Fanuc 6 and Fanuc 11 are similar to a mach3 post processor?? is this true. on our edgecam we only have

Fanuc3x-in.mcp

Fanuc3x.mcp

Fanucab-in.mcp

Fanucab.mcp

Fanucba.mcp

Fanucbc.mcp

thanks very much!

Edgecam posts

Hi,

Open up code wizard (under the Edgecam tree), and go to create a new post.

See the attachment - you need to chose one of the adaptive templates, in this case chose the adaptive-mill-iso template.

Ignore the others outside the box, they should be in the superceded folder.

Let me know if you need any more help.
    Regards,
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cw.jpg  

hi M i got as far as finding that bit in the edgecam code wizard but not really sure what to do with it now? just create that code? im not sure on how to change code etc? im useless!

the first thing that would help would be to know what G-code looks like for the machine you want then start outputting code and tweaking.
    if you do, then turn on the code constructor trace and it will label what area in wizard drives each line output.
    if you dont know what you want your code to look like then your in trouble cause the only way you will know it not right is when it crashes.
    first get out the manual and write code by hand so you understand it and what it makes the machine do. it will do what you tell it to even if its not a good thing.
    if you dont know what your doing someone can get hurt real fast, there is alot of metal and power at your control.
    go slow, learn code, understand the machine above all respect the machine it's dangerous in the wrong hands and it sucks when there yours.
    you'll see it happening and wont be able to stop it in time.

Did you even try the one I posted for download in the thread mentioned above?

Joe

hi joe sorry for not replying for so long, have been concentrating on other aspects of university recently. em i tried it but it didnt really work can remember exactly will probablty give it a shot in the next few days. i used a post processor that came with the edgecam package called fanauc-3-x or something like that. i had to tweak certain bits but it seemed to work. however im having problems getting it to start at the point i want it to. i just been trying it on foam no metal yet! i dont think it is a perfect code by any means but it seemed to be a start. do you know what might need changed or what i could need to do in order to get it to begin where i want?

cheers

GWG