586,051 active members*
3,839 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Meldas 300: I can`t communicate with DNC mode

Hello guys:

I have a mitsubishi meldas control and I want to communicate my PC with the machine. The problem is that when I send the program using DNC mode, the execution of the program in the machine stops because the PC doesn´t send the lines of the program.

I am using the WINDNC program to tranfer the programs from the PC to CNC with 300 baud rate, parity even, data bits 7, stop bits 2 and software handshaking.

The parameters in the CNC are the same.

In order to use the DNC mode, I have to put the TAPE selector in the CNC machine instead AUTO mode.

someone have any suggest?

thanks a lot

Meldas300

Have you ever gotten DNC to work with this control at all? Does loading into memory work?

What is your procedure when trying to DNC? Typically you put the control in TAPE or DNC mode, press Cycle Start, then send from the PC. Also, 300 baud seems awful slow, especially for DNC'ing.

I'd suggest proving out basic communication before trying to DNC to it. Get it to communicate both into the control and back to the PC. You need both directions working correctly in-order for DNC to work.

I can´t to communicate in DNC mode

Thanks for you response!!.

Well, since I have the machine I have been communicating PC and CNC with the buffer of the machine control (it is a mitsubishi meldas 300 control). In this mode, I have not had problem to send programs from the PC. With WINDNC software I select the program which I want to send, and in the machine I set INPUT. Then in the PC I click SEND and the program is tranfer normally.

The problem is the buffer of the control. It have just 30 KB of capacity, and you can understand that my programs, in times, have more than 30 KB. I have tried to communicate with DNC mode for this problem, but when I am transfering, the PC just transfer the half of the program, even less.

any suggest?

If the PC stops half way thru, it's probably because the machine is telling it to stop because its buffer is full and you have not run anything. Doing it in DNC mode, does the machine actually start running?