586,565 active members*
3,785 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati start up problems

Cincinnati start up problems

When I switch on my machine it starts up as normal until an error of 'time not set" You can either press F1 to fix the date or ESC to ignore it. Either or the machine starts to boot up the and then there is a white 1/4" verticle dash and then nothing. I can press the red off button and it goes through the same scenario again. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

startup

hello the time not set message would suggest that the battery on the workstation motherboard (the board on the left of the control) has packed up.
    if this has happened it is possible that the boards default bios settings are being used and the board isn't seeing the lcd screen - if it is fitted with lcd and not crt. so the first step is to remove the board and change the battery.
    when the board is out take a note of the part number on a label on the bottom of the frame. it will be similar to 3-424-****. if you e-mail this number to me at [email protected] i will see if i have the bios settings to send you. replace the board and install a keyboard (furthest ps/2 port on the board you have just replaced). you would then change the bios and all should be ok. it is akso possible that there could be other problems but without more info i cannot tell.
    regards
    mallardfizz

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It was a busy day with nothing accomplished. I changed the hard drive and the batteries and now the screen doesn't come on at all. I talked to one of the techies at the computer store that I got the hard drive and he said that the frequency might be too set high for the lcd. We plugged in a monitor at the store and removed the video card for the the crt to work. The system booted up but the program didn't automatically open. I'm thinking there is a series of problems and not a single one. Any information would be greatly appreciated. oh ya p/n 3-424-2126A Hope this helps. My email is: [email protected] Thanks again.

start up problem

hello again, your last post has started alarm bells ringing.
    why did you change the hard drive? what hard drive did you put in the control? what batteries have you changed? i suggested that you change the battery on the WORKSTATION board - i described it as the one on the left of the control. if you have changed the one in the realtime board - the board on the right - then you will have lost the bios settings which are factory set and cannot be input via normal keyboard. the result is that the machine will not see the realtime board and the machine wont work.
    what do you mean by the machine boots but wont run the program. do you mean that you see the initial bios but nothing else? please be more specific or take some photos of the screen when it stops and e-mail them to me.
    the p/n 3-424-2126a is not on my list of motherboards used. i have a 3-424-2123 or 2162 but these are shown as being used on crt models not lcd.
    regards
    mallardfizz

Hi,

It looks like I've bitten off more than I could chew here. The techy changed both batteries. (I didn't get your reply until after) So this probably means that the factory bios settings are lost. I made some phone calls and described the problem to a couple of guys that have worked on the machine and they said that it sounded like the hard drive was bad. I had it changed through a ghost system and the techy said that it transfered fine. I think the best thing for me to do is to send the whole system out for repair. I fear that I am making things worse not better. Thank you for your time. I will keep you posted on what the out come is.

Call MAG CINCINNATI
    1-800-934-0735 They can email you the Bios.
    Then your tech can flash the drive. they can give
    you all the help you need. This happened to me 6 months ago
    both batteries and the talked my tech through it.
    If he can do it anybody can. Goodluck

I've sent the processor away for repair. Thank you everyone for you input. It was a big help to steer me in the right direction.