586,114 active members*
3,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Anyone purchase from mekanika.info?

Anyone purchase from mekanika.info?

I have been communicating with an ebay seller that operates the mekanika.info site. I am a newbie looking to get my first CNC machine. The design looks solid to my untrained eye but I would like a second opinion or to talk with someone who has done business with them.

Any help is appreciated.

Concerns I would have would be:
    -Does it have thrust bearings at the motor ends of the lead screws? I can't tell from the pics. Stepper motors aren't designed to take thrust loads, so without thrust bearings, you will be abusing your motors.
    -How much backlash do the brass nuts have? The typical solution here for a machine of this size are Dumpstercnc antibacklash nuts. I'd imagine the brass nuts would be stronger, but you probably don't need that strength on a machine this size. I push around a 100+ pound gantry with the dumpster nuts and 1/2" screws.
    -How fast will it go with the motors you want to use? It looks like the screws are multi-start which would be good, but I really can't tell for sure from the low-res pics.
    -Is a rotary tool like that big enough for what you want to cut?

Does he have a link on ebay? There's just too much pixalation on his website to get a good look. If the price is right, you may be able to upgrade any inferior parts.

Wow! Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my CNC IQ is limited. He does have an ebay listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

He also sent two images. The price is definitely right. He wants $600 assembled and ready to install stepper motors. A small router should work. I plan to use this primarily to cut airplane parts from Dow 1/4" Bluecore foam.

Again, thank you for the input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motion48-1.jpg   motion48-2.jpg  

were did you get the pictures you post ???