586,096 active members*
3,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma LB-10 Turning Center

Angry Okuma LB-10 Turning Center

Code:
    Need help,
     I have Okuma LB-10 turning center with OSP 5000 LG control. Having problems with Z axis servo drive giving 100-4 DIF over Z axis 35e2d alarm. After machine warms up for a hour or so machine will run most or all day. I have had all three Trans-Mods changed with Okuma's OEM replacement parts. My Okuma Dist: just wants me to order a new drive (**$5,000**) if you will. Servo drive is a BDU-50 amp, drive motor is a BL 80E 20T drive motor.This motor has been completely rebuilt. Can anyone give me some insite please.

Thanks,
                                    Dwayne

BDU

Yes, BDU drives not available any longer. I have never had ANY luck getting the drives or motors rebuilt on the outside. A few companies say sure, we can rebuild those, then once I got them back same or worse. They don't have the board diagrams, so they change transistors and a cap and call it good. On to your issue, I know you had the motor rebuilt, but did you meg it to see if its shorted ? You can also try swapping encoders on x and Z see if the problem follows. If the BDU's are the same type, you can swap those as well. My guess it's a cap in the BDU for the Z axis that has dried up.

The DIF OVER could also be a sign of something physically sticking. You may want to verify your load to see if it is high when you first start up the machine. Try to use the pulse wheel and slowly start to move the axis while watching the load and the Diff (in check data). If you can move it about .03" and your load goes way up and your DIFF climbs, something is sticking/binding. If you have a way lube problem, every time it alarms and you reset, it pumps more lube, so it may "lube up" after an hours or so and run fine the rest of the day.

Just a little food for thought.

Unhappy Reply On Okuma LB-10 Problems

Code:
    Thanks for the input I have meged the motor even before I had it rebulit checked excellent around 200 to 210 meg ohms. Also Jenkins motor adjusted the wave length and put in new bearings. I have been watching check data on RDIF and It seems that X axis is not as good as Z and X is not giving any problems. Have not use pulse handle to move Z axis and watch RDIF I will try that. Machine run's terrible when it is cold and even giving a SDU alarm sometimes. I know that's the spindle drive " RIGHT". It seems to me that I can't get the support that I get with Fanuc.

Thanks For All Of The Support !!!!
                                                   Dwayne