586,103 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Windows 7 ?

Windows 7 ?

Anybody try Alibre v11.2 under Windows 7 yet?

RWW

I have it installed and running fine under Windows 7 RC.

I did have to set the main exe to run in windows vista mode for it to run, that is also the same for the SiteKey Gen.

Otherwise I have no found any problems yet.

Thanks for your response. I do not know what "Main exec" is. Can you please describe this?

RWW

If you already have the program installed just right click the program icon, and then left click on Properties, alone the top look for Compatibility, once there just click the little box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and in the drop down box below select "Windows Vista", then click Apply, then OK.

The program should now run fine.

Thanks for the quick lesson on Windows. It is much appreciated.

RWW

Dose V11.2 run on Win 7 32 & 64 bit flavors?
    Deeds not words...
    VoltsAndBolts runs RC for the builder. http://www.voltsandboltsonline.com/ My Forum

I tried (unsuccessfully) last night to get 11.2 to run on a Windows7 64 bit laptop I just bought. I can't get past the retrieval of the product key.

I'm thinking it would probably work on an XP virtual machine if I upgrade to Win7 Professional or Ultimate, but then today I just got an email from Alibre offering an upgrade to 12 for $97 without support, or $197 with a year of support and upgrades. I'm thinking that might be the way to go anyway. They say there's a major release due out summer 2010 - does anyone know what that release might be? It may be worth the extra hundred bucks if it's truly a big change.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman147 View Post
    I tried (unsuccessfully) last night to get 11.2 to run on a Windows7 64 bit laptop I just bought. I can't get past the retrieval of the product key.

I'm thinking it would probably work on an XP virtual machine if I upgrade to Win7 Professional or Ultimate, but then today I just got an email from Alibre offering an upgrade to 12 for $97 without support, or $197 with a year of support and upgrades. I'm thinking that might be the way to go anyway. They say there's a major release due out summer 2010 - does anyone know what that release might be? It may be worth the extra hundred bucks if it's truly a big change.

Michael
    If you have Active Maintenance the 2010 Release will be Free. This is why I renew the Maintenance every year.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Oh and that Release, check out the Alibre Feature Suggestion Link. You can bet it will be the top voted suggestions.

LOL, I'm still waiting for Free Form Surfacing.:stickpoke
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I have alibre v11.2 running on win7 32 bits (there is a registry trick to do, look at alibre forum). I had some issues with ATI drivers: do not install with the ones from win7 install: it will kill the install and you won't be able to install or remove alibre.
    I had also issues with some ATI drivers version (mainly in 2D view), so I stick to the working driver set.