586,117 active members*
3,434 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Need help when creating surface tool path

Need help when creating surface tool path

Im using master cam v9.Trying to create surface toolpath finsh i create 4 surfaces on each corner of recteangle ,surface is .3oo high on 1 degree angle .When i try to cut tool goes all the way around of rectenlge ,i like to cut only corners,How can i post and show NC file to be able to better explian problem,thank you on Your help

You may have selected the solid instead of just the surfaces you want machined.

Place the solid on a seperate level, and turn that level OFF ( un-tick ).
    It is a good idea to used different colors as well.
    ( note-- you can also mask items for selection by lines, color, level, solids and/or surfaces )

Drive surfaces will be the surfaces you want the tool to touch .
    Check surfaces are for to ensure tool does not go into.

Surfaces can be solid faces if you set the options correct, the default is solid block, which I think you have done.

Unhappy When using surface finish contur problem

Im using V9 MCand when using surface finish contur tool path first dept tool goes up and down and next depth cuts fine staying down why? thank You

need help with creating surface finish contour

I select all surfaces as my drive surfaces and then bieng asked for to select boundaries surface what do I select to complete surface finish contuor,i dont no how to use solids Im using only surfaces when creating toolpaths,please give some more info on it or advise,Thank You

need help

What surfaces you select when creating surface contour rough or finish in V9.???

Drive Surfaces are the ones you select that you want the cutter to machine
    CAD File (in drive selection area ) is the STL of the stock prior to this operation ( if required, but use a coarse setting for creating this STL )
    Check Surfaces are the surfaces that the tool may hit when machining the "Drive Surfaces"
    Containment is the zone that you want the tool to only machine, Inside = tool edge will not go over the boundary, Centre = tool centreline will not cross the boundary, Outside = tool can cross over to be able to machine the drive surfaces

Thank You Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Drive Surfaces are the ones you select that you want the cutter to machine
    CAD File (in drive selection area ) is the STL of the stock prior to this operation ( if required, but use a coarse setting for creating this STL )
    Check Surfaces are the surfaces that the tool may hit when machining the "Drive Surfaces"
    Containment is the zone that you want the tool to only machine, Inside = tool edge will not go over the boundary, Centre = tool centreline will not cross the boundary, Outside = tool can cross over to be able to machine the drive surfaces
    Thanx