586,116 active members*
3,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Disabling door interlock on Daewoo 3016?!?

Disabling door interlock on Daewoo 3016?!?

We have a 2 year old Daewoo 3016 VMC and the door interlock is a complete PITA for setting up. Normally(like on our mazak) you just take the key off the door and leave it in the receptacle and it thinks the door is always closed - no problem. Daewoo is different and we're sick of having to constantly pull the key in/out(or opening/closing the door, if we put it back on) while loading tools, etc.

So then people - Is there a way to just plain disable the darn thing aside from the interlock cancel switch that the dealer isn't getting back to us on?(we think it's a liability thing).

Thanks in advance,

-Sean

From what I have heard some people just wire a push button switch in with the existing door switch. Put it in some convenient place and push it when you want to tell the control the door has been opened and closed.

But of course I would never recommend such a thing.

We have a Daewoo 4020 with an 18i control. On our machine all that was required was a parameter change. I do not remember the # but your local Daewoo reseller should be able to help you. They will never do it for you, but given enough persuasion, should tell you what parameter to change.

INTERLOCK

SAME MACHINE,,,,,,,,SAME PROBLEM.

WE PULL THE KEY TO GET THE MACHINE SET-UP AND RUNNING.

AS LONG AS THE CONTROL DOESN'T READ THE M30 YOU WILL BE FINE WITH THE DOOR OPEN TO TEST RUN AND SET UP.

ALSO M250 WILL ALLOW YOU TO OPEN THE DOOR TO SET UP,,,, THEN TYPE IN S1000 M3 TO TURN THE SPINDLE ON. IF THE DOOR IS OPEN AFTER YOU HIT CYCLE START TO ACTIVATE THE 1000 RPM, YOU MAY HAVE TO CLOSE THE DOOR TO TURN ON THE SPINDLE. WILL ONLY RUN AT 1000 RPM.

PAIN IN THE BUTT,,,,,,,,, LOCAL DAEWOO DIST. REFUSES TO CHANGE PARAMETER SETTINGS.

A MACHINIST NEEDS TO GET IN THE MACHINE FOR ALL SORTS OF REASONS.

SHAME,,,,,,,, WE HAVE A SHOP FULL OF DAEWOO MILLS AND LATHES. IT'S TOO BAD THAT SUCH A LITTLE THING WILL COST THEM A SALE WHEN WE PURCHASE A DIFFERENT BRAND MILL.

BAD DOG

SHAME,,,,,,,, WE HAVE A SHOP FULL OF DAEWOO MILLS AND LATHES. IT'S TOO BAD THAT SUCH A LITTLE THING WILL COST THEM A SALE WHEN WE PURCHASE A DIFFERENT BRAND MILL.

BAD DOG
    I'm sure the distributor will be glad of loosing a sale if it saves them a law suit !
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Lightbulb Modify it?

Put a door in the door, and label 'do not open'. Just joking..:bs:

interlocks

unbolt the locks from the machine,take the keys out of the door.then put the keys back in the interlocks.this way the machine always thinks the door is shut.To load tools goto mdi do a tool change 4 tools higher then the one you want to add to the machine(to load tool 1 do t5 m6 in mid)
    then tool one will be at the magizine door.This woorks well for me good luck
    Dave.
    Ps dawoo will never tell you how to dissable this.

If the switch is anything like a Puma 400 then it has a little blade thing that attaches to the door that goes inside a switch mounted to the machine when the door is closed, simply unbolt the blade from the door and insert it into the switch, now the machine thinks the door is always shut!!! But I'm not sure if OSHA would approve? I don't know how anyone gets any work done with those stupid door interlocks installed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
    unbolt the locks from the machine,take the keys out of the door.then put the keys back in the interlocks.this way the machine always thinks the door is shut.To load tools goto mdi do a tool change 4 tools higher then the one you want to add to the machine(to load tool 1 do t5 m6 in mid)
    then tool one will be at the magizine door.This woorks well for me good luck
    Dave.
    Ps dawoo will never tell you how to dissable this.

Very simple, you do not sign off on the machine until the problem is resolved.
    I promise you, they will "tell" you how to work around the interlock, they really do not want the machine back.