586,069 active members*
3,551 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G.weike laser engraving machine technique service

Hi,
    If you have some technique questions about laser engraving machine, please not hesitate to tell us.
    We will reply within 24 hours.

Cici
    www.wklaser.com

Laser Tube Question?

Quote Originally Posted by cicigweike View Post
    Hi,
    If you have some technique questions about laser engraving machine, please not hesitate to tell us.
    We will reply within 24 hours.

Cici
    www.wklaser.com
    Hi Cici,
    I recently purchased your LG900 60 watt laser and due to circumstances I've had to now store the machine until this coming spring (aproximatley 5 months). I used it for about a week.
    My question is will the Laser Tube be be harmed or effected by not using it while it's in storage? Is there anything I should do other than empty the water out of it?
    Thank you
    David

Dear David,
    Do not worry about the cold winter, i think your workshop is not so cold to ice up.
    If it ice up, you can put all the water out off the laser tube when you finished working at the afternoon to pretect the tube ice over and broken when you start to work at the next day.

If you want storage it, empty the water out of laser tube is ok, make all the electric off and inunction some machine oil on the linear guider. then use a plastic bag cover with it to prevent dust.
    But the laser tube's power may consume at the period of storage.

So, if the weather not so cold to make your workshop ice up, you can use the machine at will, do not worry.

Best Regards,
    Cici

"But the laser tube's power may consume at the period of storage."

Cici, What does this mean? What is the shelf life of the tube? I thought

it was based on the run-time of the laser, not while it was being stored too.

Geo,

Tubes do indeed have a shelf life. I tend to rotate my spares every 3 to 4 months. I'm unsure of the exact physics of time failure but I have been made aware that it does happen....

best wishes

Dave