586,036 active members*
3,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 0m Machine position is metric

Fanuc 0m Machine position is metric

Daewoo 850 VMC with Fanuc 0m. Onthe position screen the machine position is displayed in metric while the others are displayed in inches. How can I change the machine position to inches.

With most Series 0 controls, you can set parameter 0063 bit 0 = 1 to have the Machine Position match the units that your part program is using.

Parameters displayed on screen end at 40 and start again at 100. I should have mentioned that the control is a Om model B. These parameters are not listed in the manual either.

G20 I believe. Or is it different with the older models?

it looks like yours is too old to support that parameter. The 0-C and 0-D have many more parameters and it was added in this time frame.

The G20/G21 switches inch/metric Programming (ABS and REL positions) if you have the inch/metric switching option, but the Machine position will always be displayed in the same units that the parameters are in. I know that you have this option because otherwise the ABS, REL, MACH would all be the same units.

It really can be confusing to the operator to have the Machine units differ from the ABS/REL, but as you've found, the Machine unit conversion parameter does not exist on the older 0-A and 0-B controls.

I would like to thank everyone for their help. I've been through the parameters in the manual a couple of times and could not find anything. I also called Fanuc support about this yesterday, they couldn't find an answer right away and said they would call me when they did. So, this is not possible with our control?

You are correct. The only way to change the machine position units display on this older Series 0 control is by changing the parameter units (which we do not want to do because you have a metric machine) or by the parameter 0063, which came out later on.

Give G20 in MDI Model.

Then Make 0 to 1 in the inch area at setting page after making parameter enable.

Switch off and ON the control.

You are done

the previous post shows how to change your programming units (ABS/REL). Will not change Machine units.

Find the above page. And change the " input units " to " 1 ".
    It is in the setting or handy pages.
    I thought all OMs had this page.

GL Jim

Re: Fanuc 0m Machine position is metric

I just had a pleasant talk with Fanuc just now. The answer is:
    To make the machine units the same as the input units, you must change parameter 3104 bit 0 (far right) to 1.
    This tells the machine to make the machine units the same as whatever the input or program units are.
    It works!!!

WAZP