586,096 active members*
3,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > 2.5d profile problem

2.5d profile problem

First time I have had this problem using CamBam beta, and I suspect it may be the dxf file I was given, but I will ask someone to check it for me.

When I try to create g code from the dxf using 2.5d profile, some of the cutting paths do not completely surround the objects. If I try an engraving, it works fine.

Images and dxf attached.......

Any ideas why it does this?

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engrave.jpg   profile.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Jon,

This works OK in CamBam 0.9.6 so I would say I think your DXF is fine but CamBam free is having a bad polyline day.

There have been a lot of bugs fixed and just about every part of the program has had a rewrite since the last 0.8.2 release.
    You can install CamBam plus on the same machine as CamBam free and have 40 free evaluation uses if you wanted to get this file working.
    www.cambam.co.uk

Yes, I think it must have been having a bad day. I grabbed the latest trial and have been using it all day to play with this file. Got a fairly good gcode file from it now.
    Will have to save up my pennys, this looks like its going to be a worthwhile buy. I was looking at doing all the tabs manually (edit the gcode!), but then I found the function to do it auto from Cambam. Wasted 8 trials due to software locking up because I didnt convert to polys before creating the tabs, but once I found that, all good. Dragging the pieces around to fit available stock was handy too.
    One suggestion (it may be there, and I just cant see it) but deleting tab points is a little time consuming if you muck up the number you require. Perhaps a hot key to delete them rather than clicking popup menus.

Jon