Setup help on mill
I have finally setup my mill that I have owned for quite a while. The problem that I am having is the Y-axis is loosing steps in the Y negative direction mostly. On occasion it also loses step in the X-axis also. I have an Xlyotex 3 axis kit with steppers, specs-23H 276-28-4B, 2.8A Phase 1.9NM. The Z-axis runs fine. The Vref voltages are set at 3.5 volts to each axis. I have adjusted the gibs in Y-axis. I even ran it once with them loosen off and had the same result. The axis looses steps mainly when doing contour milling in x and y, as when doing a radius. The feed on the program that I am running in Mach 3 2.0 Demo version is at 5.0 IPM. When I jog the table at 20.0 IPM it seems to do just fine. I used the file from the Xlyotex forum that is recommend for the setting of Mach 3.
Also my leads from the Xlyotex board are not shielded and they a 4 ft. long. Would having these leads unshielded cable cause this skipping?
I also have adjusted y-axis half nut on the lead screw as suggested at Carter’s site. I still have the problem of loosing steps. Any guidance would be appreciated on settings in Mach 3 or on the machine.