586,102 active members*
2,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > TL-1, Return to IPS from Memory timer

TL-1, Return to IPS from Memory timer

Does anyone have any idea what parameter or setting controls the time which the controller reverts back to IPS from memory mode????
    Scenario; Running a program in memory mode and after a few minutes the controller will revert back to IPS mode.
    Problem; If you don't pay attention and hit cycle start it will run whatever is in that IPS screen not what just got done running in memory. BOOM! All bad.
    yeah I know call HAAS, i was hoping someone could help me from sitting on hold..

Thanks .

Just pay attention bro... machines are not built to be set on hold, they are built to run and make chips!

Have not experienced that problem

From IPS if I ran the cycle and am happy I go immediately to store or add to existing program. Then ensure that I call that program and run it. Once you run from Mem you will always just stay there.

OK, this info is a year late for Dean, probably figured it out by now anyway.

I just found this thread when I had the identical problem on my TL-1.

I had the machine about 18 months and had never experienced the problem before, so I thought back to figure out if I had changed anything in the recent past and remembered what turned out to be the cause.

About a week before, I had set the Screensaver to work on my VF2 and figured, why not do the same on the lathe.

I had noticed that it didn't appear to work on the lathe but I thought no more of it.

I had set the screensaver to kick in after 5 mins unattended, but obviously through a software error by Haas the display switches instead to IPS, which if you're running a program on a batch of work and leave the machine for a break could have disastrous results when you return and hit cycle start without noticing the change.

The solution was to turn off the Screensaver by going to settings, find setting100 and set it to 0.

Hi Wilson.

Thanks for the response. I was still having the problem and my work around was to set the IPS section to manual when running something from memory. This way, when/if it reverts back to IPS pressing start would not run a program.

Since a lot of you people will say "just pay attention", let me explain what can happen; As I described, the machine will go from memory mode to IPS after a certain amount of time (setting 100). BUT what can happen even when "paying attention" is that in the very last nano-second of taking your eyes off the screen to look at the work just before pressing start the control can revert to the IPS screen and run what ever is there.

The screen saver works when in IPS mode. That is, it will go directly to the dancing HAAS logo. But when in memory mode first the machine goes to IPS in the amount of time set in Setting 100 then waits again for Setting 100 time then goes to the screen saver.

Good catch on the screen saver thing. I just set #100 to 0.

Dean,

The problem came to light for me with a very slight crash, I was lucky.

I figured how to fix it because from new there was no screensaver and just the week before I had changed setting 100 from 0 to 5, so I just changed it back, problem solved.

I had the same problem that almost resulted in a crash. I went to get another mic and by the time i was finished QC the part (took a bit to find the micrometer), it was back on the home screen and I hit cycle start. Then i hit feed hold right away due to the obvoius. put setting 100 back to zero and problem solved. What a useless function. save the monitor and crash the machine. Great idea!

Just wanted to say thanks for this workaround, that IPS bug annoyed the hell out of me.