586,096 active members*
3,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Operations Libraries

Operations Libraries

How do you edit them?

I made a mistake when I saved a "group" I don't want to my Mill_Inch.Operations file. I see no way to delete or edit the Group I don't want in Mastercam. Further, I tried to open the Mill_Inch.Operations file in a text editor and it appears to be proprietary code to CNC Software / Mastercam.

you can, BUT be very cautious! first locate Mill_Inch.Operations and make a copy of the original and rename JUST IN CASE so you can restore if needed. Then rename the extension to .mcx in the operations manager you should be able to delete the unwanted operations. This is also a way to set your defaults, but be carefull this is the master default file. It is recommended to change your defaults through your tool manager and control defs. only change these if it applies to ALL machine/controls. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cad01 View Post
    you can, BUT be very cautious! first locate Mill_Inch.Operations and make a copy of the original and rename JUST IN CASE so you can restore if needed. Then rename the extension to .mcx in the operations manager you should be able to delete the unwanted operations. This is also a way to set your defaults, but be carefull this is the master default file. It is recommended to change your defaults through your tool manager and control defs. only change these if it applies to ALL machine/controls. Good luck
    This was really very helpful! Thank you.

Jon,

I hope your not saving your custom Ops Libraries in the Mill_Inch.Operations Library.

When you go to save your Ops, you can give it a new library name. You dont want a MCam update to clobber your custom Ops.

In your Machine Group - open the Properties and select the Files tab.
    Under Operation Library, pull down and select your library.
    Hit the ! on the right.

Your in Ops Edit. Change anything you want.

Sometimes it's almost easier to re-do the operation, check it's operation and just re-save it. Then delete the old one.

Good Luck,

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mattera View Post
    Jon,

I hope your not saving your custom Ops Libraries in the Mill_Inch.Operations Library.

When you go to save your Ops, you can give it a new library name. You dont want a MCam update to clobber your custom Ops.

In your Machine Group - open the Properties and select the Files tab.
    Under Operation Library, pull down and select your library.
    Hit the ! on the right.

Your in Ops Edit. Change anything you want.

Sometimes it's almost easier to re-do the operation, check it's operation and just re-save it. Then delete the old one.

Good Luck,

Mike Mattera
    I'm saving my own Ops in a separate folder/file but I am editing both files the way cad01 suggested by changing the extension to .mcx (I make backups before I add or edit).

I find it much, much easier to edit my default Operations as well as edit / add to my own Op's library this way.

thanks

To: lovecnc2003

Glad you enjoyed this. :cheers:

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mattera View Post
    To: lovecnc2003

Glad you enjoyed this.

Have a look at his previous posts,
    out of 58 posts, only 5 have more than 1 word.
    This member is more of a pain and Admin should have a quiet word to him

Superman: Did we take a crabby pill this morning?

The guy is here for information. When he gets something out of a thread, he says "Thanks". That's much better than the guys we've helped that have never come back, let alone said "thanks". I'm glad he got something out of what ever was posted and I hope that someday he feels confident enough to contribute.

There's nothing wrong with him lurking in the background. At least he's polite.

Mike Mattera