586,560 active members*
3,849 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ATC stuck

ATC stuck

i got an okuma 5020m cadet mate with an umbrella style tool changer... well i was doing an mdi tool change and the atc was moving rather slow,, so i tried it again and it was normal... did it one more time and right when the spindle was releasing the tool i got a VAC alaram.. i dont even remember what exactly the alarm said but my whole machine was locked up.. so i shut it down and now my atc is stuck right there... i tried the 1 step advance and 1 step reverse buttons but the machine just sits there releasing air thinking that it is unloading a tool.. i even changed bit #13 to 1 to do a no tool in holder tool change and it still sticks there... what gives? any clues? i really dont want to rip the atc apart and reset everything becuase it is a pain in the ass. (which iv done before) no bueno... but if i have to then i got to.. thought id see what the wizards had to say first

ok i got everything retracted.. i still got one problem.. in parameters "machine axis data" my "Linear Axis Posistion" number is on # 2 but it needs to be on # 1.. i tried goin in and changing it through Special Maneuver Mode. but when i do what the book says i get "no command" i need to change that number.. any one?

fixed it.. the book was wrong