I hope this is the right forum

well I have decide to try to comprehend a CNC conversion anyway and ideally if I could find someone locally who had converted there manual mill to CNC I could do mine after looking at theirs but don't know anyone around here that has anything but plasma tables so please bare with my questions as it takes me about 3 or 4 times as long to understand something when just reading about it. for now I am just going to try to convert my old mill to CNC and will do the 12x36 atlas lathe later
Any close up pictures of mounting brackets for motors, gear drives or belt drives would help

1) I understand I need motors to move my table; left,right being one motor & up,down another motor and in & out another motor and would need another motor for a rotatory table when I get one......... but I don't understand the difference in what a "servo" motor and a "stepper" motor is and does? do I need both types?

2) My old mill is a Kempsmith #4 that has been converted to a vertical mill, the original power table feed box was disconnected so it is now all manual . I would like to know if any motor would work or if I need something heavier duty torque because of the size of the machine?

3) my thinking maybe off so please correct me if I am wrong but was I need to build a gear to fit over each handle spot and a bracket to hold the motor in place ...does that sound right?

4) is a belt drive better then a gear drive? if so why?

5) I still bore out aircraft case for airboat use and would rather continue to do that by hand. Will I hurt the system or have to recalibrate it each time if I made the drive gear on the handle position removable so I could still use the mill manual for this type project?

6) ok I think that a 4 axes system is what I need the table it self moves side to side, up and down, in and out then later I need to add a rotatory table to rotate material , am I correct that this would be a 4 axes system? and can I run a 4 axes system only on 3 axes to start out with?