586,103 active members*
3,649 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy with a Precix Table Router with Perske router

hey guys,
    i just wanted to pick some brains to see if i can get some feedback. Our shop has a Precix Table router that doesnt work and it has been collecting dust in the back of the shop. Aside from calling Precix and paying an arm and a leg to get someone to come out and look at it. I was wondering if there are any resources for troubleshooting and Manuals online. I would like to get this thing up and running as it would help out the shop alot,cause right now i am left to hand cut the letter with jigsaws and band saws. the router is a Precix, im not sure what model, but im guessing by what it looks like that it is around the 9100 series. I have been told that it is pretty much a software issue as it has trouble with finding the Point of Origin or HOME position. I think there is a problem with the z axis as well. i would think it would just be a setting in the software but im not too familiar with the routers. any help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds more like a hardware issue

If it's not finding "home", that could be because there's something wrong in the home switch circuit. Usually (I'm not familiar with this particular machine) these are all tied together and normally closed. The homing routine will move one axis until the circuit opens, then back off a little and move another axis, etc until all have established their home positions. If a switch is stuck in the open position, or there's a bad wire or connection, then this routine won't work. So check that circuit for continuity, and see if that's your problem.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

cncdoctor.com Where are you located? I have a 9100 series, belt driven Precix. It has microswitches for homing and they can get jammed with plastic if that is what you are routing, You need to start the machine and tell us what it does before and after you home the machine.

we are located in Spokane, Wa. I will fire it up and let you know what it does. we have a big all day job on monday so i wont be able to play with it till probally tuesday

Help with Precix C/W Perske

The 9100 exists as an older belt machine or a newer Gen II rack and pinion called a Industrial RP 9100. Without removing the side plate covers one can see the 1" wide kevlar belt below the table, inside the gantry side plates. This is a belt machine. The RP is easier to see because the rack is bolted to the platten side beam, below the liner rails. This is important to know because the belt can cause issues if the machine has sat motionless for a long time. You may need to manually move the gantry and/or carriage with the drives off to get it away from an area in the belt that has taken a set. Then jog it thru that area of the belt to relax it even before you home the machine.
    If you visit my website www.wefixprecix.com you will see a "tech talk" page where I address hot-topic issues related to these machines. The problem you are having is common and there is other things that can help you get on your way.
    Russ.

BUMP BUMP. this is still an issue and we are still trying to get it fixed if anyone has any suggestions.

Do you still have your machine?

I am looking for a used 4x8 to refurbish. Contact me privately through our website www.cncdoctor.com.

Quote Originally Posted by nwrepair1 View Post
    cncdoctor.com Where are you located? I have a 9100 series, belt driven Precix. It has microswitches for homing and they can get jammed with plastic if that is what you are routing, You need to start the machine and tell us what it does before and after you home the machine.
    We are in Calgary and Vancouver. Contact us privately from the website at www.cncdoctor.com. It seems we don't always get posts from the site.