586,032 active members*
2,962 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco Yaskawa axis drive problems

Hurco Yaskawa axis drive problems

Hi all
    I'm having more trouble with my new BMC 40 with Ultimax II. It has yaskawa servos and drives. The drives are CACR SRCA 20BBB and the motors are Usafed 20FB 2T's.

The x axis jogs fine.

The Y axis gives a "motion error detected" (I think that was the wording) when I try to move it, the drive card shows no error message.

The z axis drive card shows a fault 1 but only after I press the z jog button. I looked this up here (page 3):

http://www.acsindustrial.com/tech-do...ack-repair.pdf

which states its an over current error.

Before the machine was moved all was running so transporting has disturbed something. All plugs on all 3 axis motors were disconnected during moving as a lot of dis-assembly was required, I've checked them all again though to no avail.

Any suggestions on causes and remedies?

While I'm on the subject of these drive cards my longer term plan is to retrofit with EMC or centroid and add my Tsudakoma TNRC 301 4th/5th axis onto the machine. Are these drive cards reliable/up to the job or should I be updating them along with the control? I want the machine to be full 5 axis and fast for some patternmaking jobs.They seem to be expensive secondhand so I'm wondering about just replacing with modern technology.

Many thanks

Phil

If you have the metal Cable conduit check the wires inside that first.
    A while back I had all kinds of weird errors because of wires that where shortening to ground.
    All comments made are my opinion!

I think it would be useful for you to contact 3E Services They do quoting and info over the phone and they can let you know what to do. They are honest people, not just out to get your money.