586,112 active members*
3,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Where's your PC Located

I'll be getting my first CNC router in a few weeks and I'm wondering about where to put my PC. I was thinking of an enclosure with a filtered fan blowing in to create a ventilation and positive air pressure around the PC. The keyboard, mouse and Monitor could be outside.

Obviously everyone else on the forum has already solved that question for their set up, so I was wondering is you might help out a newbie with some ideas. What's worked for you - and what hasn't. If you had it to do over what might you have done differently?

Thanks,

Dennis

i think an enclosure fitted with furnace filter would work fairly well , that was the plan for my enclosure , i keep reminding myself to do it every time I pull out the air hose to blow all the dust off my electronics and my mdf dust filled pc .
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I plan to use this for my control box in progress. I am going to put my pc components in the box with everything else.

We use it and sell it for many applications so we always keep a roll around. Your local furnace supply should have at least 50 and 100 micron to choose from.

50 would be finer, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by dobrientruckers View Post
    50 would be finer, correct?
    Yes......

Some people think its to fine. It catches everything and if you are in a dirty environment it wont take 50 to long to plug up. That's why some guys like the 100. I always use 50 and check it regularly. The good thing about the floss we use is the fact that we can hose it off, let it dry, and reuse it.