586,113 active members*
3,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > How do I 're-ball' a type 3 ISEL ballnut.

How do I 're-ball' a type 3 ISEL ballnut.

I need to replace the plastic 'ball guide' in my Isel ballnut.
    The picture shows the new replacement 'ball guide' on the right and the 'keeper above.

I'm assuming that the ball guide should be inserted from inside the ballnut and then the keeper re-inserted after that the balls should be re-loaded. There are 92 of them so I hope I have not lost any.

Can anyone guide me on this procedure. Anyone done it before ?

Many thanks,

George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails isel3.jpg  

I have done it a couple times now. I figured there were 2 ways of doing it. One is to insert the guide first, then put in the end of the screw or the "keeper" tube in the picture, and load balls in the first ball loop. Then move on to the next loop and fill that one up and repeat the process until your finnished. I found this to be too hard, so I just chopped off the legs on the guide and stuffed the balls down there with the screw in place. When all the balls were in, I put the guide into the hole again. The only thing keeping the guide in place is the mounting block. Not perfect, but it does work. Good luck!

Hello,
    I have the same problem. Some dirt got inside of the ball and the plastic guide lose the ball channels. I replaces it with a new one from a new ballnut.
    How did you get the replacement guide? I did not find it at the Isel supplier.
    I am thing to cast or mill one if I will not succeed to source it from Isel. It is the second one that has been destroyed that way.
    Thank you Razvan